Assetto Corsa Comp Round 4 Kyalami

Discussion in 'ACC Tuesday Night Racing Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

lb 1.jpg
    Registration

Round 4 Kyalami
    Round 4 finds us at the iconic track Kyalami

Note this round (followed by the rest of the series) will be LIVE BROADCASTED !
    so polish up those livery's & be ready for live interviews .

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

I'm rockin' the Merc for this round ! wax on wax off (need to be livestream ready !;-)
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.10 - 12.25.33.58.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. It will be a late join for me this round, probably near the end of qually, which is just great, as I've never raced at this track :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Ha, well its built nicely for MotoGP ! twisty ..:D & blind up hill turns :eek::rolleyes: you'll be fine ….:p

5. Rob Milliken

6. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

steep learning curve for this one, have never raced at the modern Kyalami track in any sim! :eek: got some real tricky corners to learn on the job o_O good job its not also 34 degrees here...oh wait...:p

7. Rob Milliken

Live Stream >

8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

shame...gotta try next time if not working. starting to get hang of the game slowly.

9. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Congrats Daniel.
    I didn't have the pace after a few laps when the tyres got a little worn, and also caught the kerb which put me a couple of seconds down.
    Quite a lonely race after that.

Just watched the live stream,nicely done. Like that you show a replay when you miss an incident or pass :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

That turned out to be a great race :cool:. Unfortunately I got some damage when Toni was spun across the track at the approach to the first corner but I managed to get going again in P7. I then spent many enjoyable laps in an intense duel with Mark but eventually I made contact with his car as I looked for a move and spun him around so I did a drive-through. When I emerged from the pits I had lost a couple of places and slotted in behind Endy. Another brilliant scrap ensued and just before the end of the race I stole P8 :). Congrats to Daniel, Andrew and Jeffrey for the podium. My thanks to Mark and Endy for the entertainment.
    After the race I made a brew and settled down to watch the broadcast ... IMPRESSED :cool::cool::cool:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Just got back in time to do the full qually, only to crash my car halfway through and not get any good runs in :oops:.

Got swamped at the start, so I need to learn how to read the widget better, or you can time it in a way that gives you more momentum. Was really struggling with sector 1, the back end just kept stepping out and with no practice time, I was trying to get into a rhythm.
    Had fun chasing Roberto for most of the race. Got alongside when he had an oversteer moment, but then he lifted and braked, why was that?

I was too inconsistent due to lack of practice, so 3rd place is a good result for me.

Great broadcast :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Andrew Williams

Forgot to add, most the cars seemed to ride the Kerb at Cheetah pretty well - Astons looked like they didn't care it was even there.
    If I touched it in the Lambo, it was instant death :eek::D

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Great job with the broadcast today, Eike. That replay option is really nice. Professional work !!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rob Milliken

Great race! Had to bolt to work right after the checkered , as these are week DAY races for me lol & i work swing shift In the US , made it in only 2 min late ! But im the boss so its all good Lol ! Will the replay be uploaded for later viewing? It says “vid not available’ right now ? Thx!

15. Andrew Williams

16. Rob Milliken

Thanks Andrew ! Strange it did not work from any of the links for me :confused: (post race at work on my ph lol) , I did manage to view it by logging onto my YouTube & then my sro subscription ..

Nice Job Eike ! Thanks for that awesome broadcast & commentary ! top notch ! :D so stoked you will be doing a few more for us !

I was good for about 15 min then the tires went away .. I had set pressures a bit to high and ended up cooking them pretty quick ! :eek:.
    Very challenging track ! was really fun trying to nail it & finding that fine line to keep the momentum up .. where I disparately failed haha .!

Grat's top 3 ! and nice job mid pack ! you guys were battling !

Bill gets the "Best Sport" award ! nice job Bill showing the proper way to handle a possible "punt" situation ! ;)

Stewards are reviewing the start involving Balli & Toni ..

Once that's complete results will go up !

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Just watched the replay - nice commentary and use of replays - well done Eike.

My race was hampered a bit by my brake issues - I lost connection just on the brake pedal in practice (Fanatec V3's) which has never happened before. Left the server to reseat the cables but then it happened again. I was about to call it a day but reset the pcb connection and then hoped for the best. It was then ok in qualy and race but I did feel like I could lose brakes at any point so drove a bit too nervously. Happy with 10th in the end but need to get things checked properly for next time.

Grats podium!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Cracking race last night, albeit i was slightly robbed by a pair of incidents. First time ever at this track so wasnt expecting much but still qualified 7th.
    Got a decent start whilst trying to keep in line with the widgety graphics and then steam down the straight for about 100m only to have a spinning Porsche appear across my nose which forced me to hit the anchors to avoid it as it careened off track taking Bills Aston with him. Unfortunately this also allowed Simons BMW past me much to my annoyance :p
    I then threw everything at Simon trying to get past on both sides of him at every opportunity but his wide ass BMW held the line. I seemed able to brake much later which gave me a few scares :eek: but then he had more grunt out of some corners to escape down the road a little until the next attack. It was costing me time every lap and allowed Bill to re-close and then start attacking me as i attacked Simon! it was a great 3 way fight for quite a while:cool: Eventually down at the bottom of the hill in the heavy braking zone, Bill unfortunately span me around. But he duly peeled off into the pits for a drive-thru so i kept my position at least although Simon now had a 8 second lead :( I pushed on until the end and got the gap down to 5 secs but ran out of laps and finished 6th i think.
    Was a good race in the heat :) look forward to watching the video coverage of the race.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Apparently someone reported? but results are up so what is the verdict?

20. FKR

FKR SRO Team Owner

It was not reported ..it was an Admin race Stewart review . What does that mean ? All race start incidents are reviewed by SRO ..
    Result was that it was simply a race incident, Meaning non intentional . The conclusion was that You did nothing wrong and held your line on the inside , as the other 2 cars got to the slight right hand bend in the track Ruskus started to merge left to defend as well as straitening out the turn , Balli then slightly behind but along side Ruskus also merged left as the track bends slightly to the right & the result was a funnel effect that caused the collision .. Balli is hard on the breaks to avoid once he sees what's happening but by then its to late .. it just one of those things where you were on the wrong end of a race incident .. If you look at the replay from the back of your car it appears as he simply runs into you ,then if you look from Balli's car it looks like you run into him .. then viewed from Ruskus's car you can see how it all starts. We concluded Neither of the 3 drivers did anything wrong in the split seconds it all happens .. The Ruskus merge seems to be the source of the incident but he also has position slightly ahead of both of you .. so in the end It was determined a Race incident ...
    Sorry you had to take this one on the chin Toni ..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2020