Assetto Corsa Round 4 Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'Ferrari 458 GT2 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Is this the Assetto Corsa version of the track, says I dont have the available content???

3. Ken Jagger

It should be OK now Phil :)

4. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'm trying to sort my wheel so I can race today. Last race I was understeering really bad and instantly locking brakes. Still trying to figure out what the cause is as it doesn't always do this. For the race at Silverstone my wheel was fine just tyre wear got me. So it seems to be on and off for this issue.

I did do another race (touring car) after last weeks Ferrari event and in that event I swapped wheels (TM T300 to an old G29) and went 5 seconds faster! Will keep setting up the wheel until it works as intended and hopefully get the chance to race.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

With AC my experience with my T300 wheel is to set it to maximum 1080 degrees rotation in the Windows Game Controller app and in the default AC controller settings tab, then the AC built-in steering setting for each car will be applied and used correctly.

6. Bob Kendall

Bob Kendall Pro Driver

Having a real good nose to tail race with Tudor Morris downhill from the corkscrew and shunted off track by overtaking leader I presume. Not expected and needless. Left server in disgust.

7. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

I wondered what had happened Bob, shame as we were having a nice battle.
    My usual PPP at Laguna, never liked the track and never understood how to drive it in any sim. At least I managed to drag it home which I'll mark down as an achievement :rolleyes: Well done to pody.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Huh? That wasn't me for sure! I saw a car outbrake himself at the corkscrew, but I was quite a bit behind there.

9. Ken Jagger

The contact was with me Bob and I had caught both you and Tudor fairly quickly after my initial off at the Corkscrew several laps earlier, so we were all racing for position. I have reviewed the replay carefully but can't find anything wrong with my pass on you. I was more than fully alongside on the inside of you, tucked in behind Tudor and you actually turned into me which put you off, not the other way around.
    Of course I'm sorry to see you go out and I assume that was because you couldn't get out of the gravel?

10. Laurent Londes

Okay, and you went off at the corkscrew in front of me then? That would explain it all.

11. Laurent Londes

I wasn't sure which strategy to pick before qualifying. Either no stop and going on the mediums or a one-stopper with two times softs.

I qualified in pole with a second gap to Phil in P2. That gave me the confidence I could try going for a stop as that pace difference would normally translate in race pace.
    I was able to build quite a gap in the first stint to Phil, I knew I had to make up for 40 seconds over race distance (stop time). To do that I had to hit 1:23's each lap, which I did. Around the half-way point I came up behind Tudor. I was lapping him at that point but he was still fighting for position. I couldn't afford to lose time so I tried to outbrake him but the I realized quickly the move was too opportunistic, braked hard, locked up and flat spotted my tire. I was planning to go a few laps longer since I was close to being able to pit and stay in front of Phil. So I pitted early due to the flatspot. I came out of the pits 6 seconds behind Phil. I knew I had a big pace advantage on new softs and would catch him quickly. Caught him in 3 laps I think, he went over the sausage kerb in T1, pushed him wide, I went to the outside and he slid into me in the next corner. A bit of front wing damage, but nothing big. I was able to pull away nicely. Great race, love the track a lot and the car as well. I surely hadn't driven it in years, so thanks to SRO for this championship!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

Not that I'm aware of Laurent. I'm not sure what you mean?