rFactor 1 Round 4 Manfeild Long

Discussion in 'Trans Tasman F5000 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

At race time Wednesday if the trajectory the Cyclone is on track I will be less then 50 kilometers from the center of it :eek:.
    I am getting a power generator tomorrow morning.. :)

P.S. I might need to do a real gas up pit stop filling up generator LOL

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Not a lot of fun it if turns out that way Doug :eek: Fingers crossed you get though it unscathed.

4. Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho Pro Driver

I'm new here, and saw that you're running the rF1 F5000 mod. I'm wondering if I can join in the fun. :) I realize the series is almost over. I'll do my best to not interfere with anyone pursuing series points. I've raced online for a long time. I haven't raced rF1 online since computer problems destroyed my non-Steam installs. I've got most of them back. I may need some help getting online racing running smoothly again. I think I've got the mod already. I presume you have links to download tracks. I'd appreciate anyone pointing me in an appropriate direction.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Jim Carvalho, now where do I know that name from? Did you race at R2P or maybe Moonshine Sim Racers sometime Jim? I know that name for sure :)

6. Ken Jagger

Sure you can Jim, we'll be glad to have you along.
    Lots of information is available here https://simracingonline.co.uk/forums/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.158/ explaining many things form how to do stuff, register for races etc along with our Rules & Regulations which you should familiarise yourself with.
    We provide links to all the mods we use, both cars and tracks, some of which may be DL from here at SRO or others which go elsewhere e.g. Mediafire or STEAM workshop. You must always use our DL's to avoid mismatches of any kind in our races.

Any general simracing, hardware, software configuration questions can be raised in a post in the Sim specific Forums or for individual series/race questions in the series/race pages. https://simracingonline.co.uk/forums/

It will all become very familiar after a little use I'm sure. :)

7. Ken Jagger

All the links for each race are on the race event page e.g. for the next race in this series at Phillip Island https://simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/1262

DL car-track links.jpg

8. Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho Pro Driver

Hi, Ken. Yes, I ran some races with R2P back in the good ol’ days. ;) Glad to see you’re still kicking around rF1. Thanks for all the info and links. I’ll get myself up to speed* soon. The last time I was online with rF1 was using the HistorX mod with a group that has now moved to GT3 on rF2. I still prefer vintage mods, especially without slicks and wings, like your avatar. :) I’ll get myself familiar with this organization and stay in touch.

* I have 2 speeds: slow and stop. Do you want me to shift?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho Pro Driver

I have the mod. I have the track. I can see the rF1 race list when I click JOIN. However on the racelist I can't find any servers that start with SRO. I have refreshed the list several times. I think once I find it and connect and can add it my my "friends" list of servers. Is there another way to find the server? I also haven't found a SRO post dealing with optimum settings for online connecting in rF1. Thanks again for the assistance.

10. Ken Jagger

The next race in this series is not until 19th Sept, so the server is not actually running yet, which is why you won't see it. Depending on the Sim being used and other series using our servers, we typically aim to get the server up and running between 4-7 days, sometimes more if possible.
    When the server has actually been started you will find a post in the Sim/Series Forum stating something like "Server is up" e.g. https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/round-3-manfeild-long.5164/.

The race pwd is usually set on the day of the race, again typically between 1-4 hrs, but could be earlier. The race page will show the pwd currently being used i.e. the practice pwd or the race pwd.

• Like Like x 1