rFactor 2 Round 4 Monza

Discussion in 'USF2000 Championship Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 1
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Well that were two good races for me, never expected such a result especially after failing at the first quali. But I was able to recover from 11 to 4, including a nice fight against Jari, who finally joined us. (It took a while to persuade him)
    Second quali was very good (third fastest time) no idea where that lap came from. I was not able to maintain that position but 6. is still good. Oh and I want to apologies Mark, it was not my aim to put you in the gravel. Three wide and be in the middle is not easy and I probably looked too much at Sergio.

Last but not least my highlight video, hopefully see you at the Norisring.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Sergio Casanovas

Sergio Casanovas Pro Driver Donator

Great race, super driving all, very close driving and we all went throu. Iv ennjoy a lot.
    Yes Philip that moment was the moment of the race, 3 in the chicane at the same time! very good driving you and Marc, its been espectacular.
    Congrats the winner in bouth races and the podiums. Nice to podium with my bro Jose!, we need to repite this every race bro. lol.
    Thanj you very much
    Sergio

• Like Like x 2
  4. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

Going 3 wide into that 1st chicane is always tricky, as it certainly is a bottleneck where it easily can go wrong; I think we all did a good job btw.
    The car on the outside (me in this case) has always the disadvantage being pushed off track when it comes to slight contact, which is almost unavoidable in those tight chicanes.
    It happens; nothing to worry about.

Thanks all participants for another great evening of racing. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Qualified 4th & 9th running 10 rear wing & 5 front wing, as seen in the vid when I tried to get past Philip on the start finish straight...no chance..:)
    Overall the relatively high downforce I used provided great stability under braking and of course better handling through the corners, in the end it paid off. My first podium albeit a fortuitous one because Jose got a stop & go...anyways to take it one has to be in it so Ill settle for that.:p
    I'm not sure who it was but just after the start in race 1 (before we got to the chicane) one driver jinked out to the right...I had to avoid him otherwise it would have been a right royal mess...Philips vid shows it so whomever it was please take note because the next time I will not be so accommodating.:rolleyes:

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 2
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Great video. Can you put the names above the cars next time with Tab so we can see who's who :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Thanks, yes that seems a good idea. I donĀ“t thought about that. I will also try to hide my mouse cursor next time. ;)

• Like Like x 2