rFactor 2 Round 4 - NOLA Motorsports Park - C Course

Discussion in 'USF2000 Sprint Series Closed' started by Rui Santos, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

NOLA Motorsports Park - C Course

Circuit History
    NOLA Motorsports Park, just outsite New Orleans, Louisiana, is one of a new generation of motor racing tracks which initially began with no ambition to host motor racing events. Instead, the plan envisioned an exclusive country-club-style track catering primarily to wealthy car and motorcycle enthusiasts. As the facility gained in popularity, the plans changed, with a greater reliance on selling day passes for non-members, hosting business conferences and hosting first AMA motorcycle, Formula Ford and, from 2015, Indycar races.

The project was the brainchild of former doctor Laney Chouest, who made his fortune from the family marine transportation. In 2009, he attracted a lot of interest (and scepticism) when he announced he was to spend $30 million in creating the motorsport park. The plans called for the facility to built in three phases, with an initial 2.75 mile road course coming first, with a second southern road course being built at a later date to create a combined 5.37 mile circuit.

He chose an area of former swampland south of the TPC Louisiana Golf Course and enlisted famed track designer Alan Wilson to pen the whole complex. Alongside the road courses, the park would feature a multi-layout kart track and an 8-acre paved area for autocross. A restaurant, 34,000-square-foot clubhouse/event centre and plots for condominiums with garages underneath were also envisaged.

Construction began in 2010 and the swampy ground presented a number of challenges. Simply paving as normal would have been a recipe for disaster, so 200,000 tons of fly ash, a byproduct from coal-fired power stations, was mixed with the first several feet of clay, creating a concrete-like foundation on which to lay the track. Interesting innovations included the laying of an extensive network of fibre-optic cabling under the track, allowing from easy 'plug and play' from multiple locations around the circuit for television companies and corner workers, while track officials also benefit from an extensive wireless network which allows them to access a scoreboard, control a TV or PA system, or check in on lap times from anywhere on the track.

The track was largely complete by the end of 2011, with finishing touches to amenities being complete by January 2011. With little else in the local area to satisfy the need for speed in the local area, the track quickly became popular, quickly selling 40 family memberships. Equally popular were the open-track days, which allowed anyone to come and lap the track for a more affordable fee.

Soon the track set its sights of hosting occasional motorsport events to boost income and announced a deal to host the 2012 AMA Pro Racing season finale. Temporary bleachers, similar to those seen at professional golf tournaments, were brought in to cater for spectators. Josh Hayes won the feature race aboard his Yamaha to become the first victor of a professional race at NOLA.

In February 2014, the venue was used by the US FF2000, Pro Mazda and Indy Lights series for its winter testing series, in the process allowing IndyCar officials to evaluate the facility. By May, momentum had gathered and the track was announced as the host of the Grand Prix of Louisiana from 2015 onwards. A series of track upgrades were carried out over the winter months to facilitate the higher-powered single seaters. A new backstretch was created and minor modifications made to corners at the south end, with additional temporary spectator seating brought in ahead of the event to boost capacity. at what was the first Indycar event ever run in the state.

nola-construction.jpg NOLA-C15.31fc2c0fc19f7b9c157eefb1efba3b5e.png

2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

What time is the practice set in the game, the road glare reflection is so bad I cannot see the track in a large section. I have it turned off road glare in my menu but does nothing.

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

We were there yesterday and no problems, maybe you've tested with the qualifying session, that it's in a different hour of course...

4. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I will practice off line, warmup is worse then practice, qualify and race is okay.. see you later. Screenshot from server.

Attached Files:

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

Nothing looks wrong mate, it's the sun reflecting on the track, just like in real life ;)

Don't worry, you'll enjoy it, same conditions for all ;)

6. Denis Eshchenko

Denis Eshchenko Pro Driver

Hey guys!
    What the timezone you using for calendar?
    Race start 22:15 GMT? Or not?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

Yes Denis! GMT! Pay attention that qualifying session starts at 22h GMT, not 22:15h! See you later ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Denis Eshchenko

Denis Eshchenko Pro Driver

:eek::eek::eek:
    ooookaaaay.
    In Moscow will be 01.00 when qual started, but i anyway will on the race.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

ATTENTION ALL!

As this track has auto track cut detection and it's possible that some of you might get a penalty (Stop&go or Drive Through) you should practice the entrance/exit of the pits respecting the speed limit (100 km/h). If you need to complete one of those penalties use the pit entrance on the 13th corner, not on the 12th...

(Track layout is not what we'll be racing today, just to let you know the final pit entrance zone, that it's the same)

NOLA_Motorsports_Park_IndyCar_Series.png

10. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Hi guys. I don't know if I'll be able to make the race tonight. I'm trying hard to join, but rFactor 2 has chosen today of all days to force me to reinstall literally everything and it's taking forever. Also, I haven't managed to do any practice. If I don't make it tonight then you know why, but I hope I still can.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Me too! I was so fn mad .. prescribe two time for track and then I did 't have the car anymore.. wtf. go subscribe again for the mod.. bad day every where..

Not racing also.. long weekend drinking:) GLA

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Well, there go my last chances of winning the championship.

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

Come on Caitlin, anything can happen ;)

Shame you didn't make it today, hope to see you in Okayama!

• Like Like x 1