Assetto Corsa Comp Round 4 Oulton Park 2019

Discussion in '2017 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  2. Gavino Pintus

Gavino Pintus Pro Driver

Hello guys, final race of the championship with this car that starting from the v1.7 is just terrible:D

The qualifying session was difficult as usual because 10 minutes are not enough. But anyway is something different that the past and I enjoyed it.

The race was difficult at the start because when the green lights appears I was sleeping... Too slow but fortunately I was in front and gaining the inside of the first corner was enough to keep the 1st position.
    From now on I gained lap after lap until the chequered flag.

The main difficulty of this championship was the tyres management. After one hour the rear tyres are dead, so my strategy was slow down in the first half of the race.

I would say thank you to all the organizers of the championship because everything was perfect.

For the future I'd like to suggest some championship in which the car is the same for all drivers. In this way we can better compare the drivers skills and usually the races are more close than have lot of cars. I'm open to also championships with blocked setups. In this way we'll see only drivers fighting against all drivers. No setup, No Motec. Only clean genuine and pure driving.

I would NOT say thank you to all the missing drivers and I'm very angry with them. Register in a championship and then do only one or two races is a lack of respect against the organizers. Keep in mind that this championship are prepared FOR FREE by the organizers. The minimum behaviour that we (drivers) can do is to join all the races :mad:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

What a tuff race for me in these beasts! I think i hit every Gard rail at one point lol. An Early puncture had me in the pits only to again loose pressure in 3 of the 4 tires twords the end but with 10 min left I just stayed out doing the slip & slide dance to the end! :D:eek:
    Congrats to Gavino on the win & the Championship! & VDA on the team victory! Also a big shout out to all that stuck with this series and the Iron man survivor award to Stephen Wenham for sticking with it no matter the result! Thats integrity in a nut shell;).
    Well done all! & Thanks for supporting the series!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Congrats to Gavino on the championship, you VDA boys are too fast for me and showing great skill!

I can't help thinking there is something wrong with the modelling of Oulton Park because every single race not matter how gentle I try to be on the curbs in whatever car invariably the tyres will slowly let out air during the race. This time it wasn't too bad as I was being really careful, but it still happened.

These cars are a real challenge to drive, if we ever do them again I want to actually do some setup work to make them easier to drive. :-D

5. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Loved this race - I had my normal lack of practice and still don't really get modern cars. Combine that with a truly terrible qualifying session and I had my worst start position of the series.
    After passing Simon around the outside of T1 when he went very tight trying to get inside Simone I spent about 10 minutes on Simone's bumper myself before putting myself on the grass. Nearly 10 laps later and I'd caught him again, 30 minutes later I still hadn't found a way past even though we'd gained 2 spots due to contact ahead.
    Eventually he made a mistake and I past him while he put himself back on the track, I think he had another mistake a few laps later as I suddenly had a 10 second gap back to him (I think I may have been slightly faster by this point, but not that fast!).
    After a while I got too aggressive on the kurbs in the 1st chicane and suffered some pressure loss (This seems to be more likely if hitting them with either steering lock or the brakes on hard enough to lock up - fair enough in either case to be honest), that led to more mistakes and more pressure loss until I was down to about 24psi by the end.

Very well driven by Gavino and a well deserved win. Same to all others I raced around, although bad luck to Toni and Bonni on their contact - if anything your fight had been going on even longer than my own with Simone :cool:.