rFactor 2 Round 4 Putnam Park GP - Sat Feb 27, 2021

Discussion in 'Palatov D4 Season 01 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 1, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO banner 05.png

[​IMG]

Welcome to Putnam Park

Opened in 1991, Putnam Park has established itself as a popular Midwestern circuit, and continues to make improvements targeting user-friendliness and safety. Many car and racing clubs hold annual events at this race course, and track day opportunities abound as well.

The racing line at Putnam Park is actually pretty simple with few ambiguities. It helps that apexes and exits are clearly marked with checkered kerbing, although it could stand to be laid out a bit more generously in several places. Flexibility in configuration is provided by two optional track sections, The Loop and Times Square, with Times Square having four potential routes. However, the vast majority of onboard footage has these sections omitted from the track layout.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. Tom Parton

Tom Parton Pro Driver

@John vd Geest I'm not going to be around for this one :(
    See you all at round 5!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. John vd Geest

4. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

Can't race today guys! Sorry! :(
    GL have fun.

5. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I developed a good setup for qualy that resulted to be sub-optimal, primarily its final drive, during the race...
    I should have realised this before and had some doubts during practice but, being the first one to break the 1:01.00 barrier and with Dino's reality check still holding, I decided to keep it that way. This made my race, I believe, far more intense with great chases and defenses from @Jason Whited and @John vd Geest.
    I got right yesterday, and this is not an easy task..., the pitstop. Not only the amount of fuel but also the pace during pit and the right timing for the change. It was a moment of big pressure from John and I anticipated his undercut attempt whilst simultaneously delivering an F1-engineered like undercut to Jason that had been proven impossible overtaking with my final drive blunder previously.
    John's threat was fully dealt with during the pitstop but Jason was leaving the pit as I was crossing the line. This gave me less than 2 secs advantage and soon enough I had him on my tail.
    The final drive blunder had made impossible my overtaking attempts, and with the terms inverted now, I had to think in defending with teeth and nails from those end of straight attacks... It got hairy and, in one of them, we touched with Jason suffering the most as he lost his car ended relegated to P4... I could finally breathe for the last 5 mins of the race with a secured P2 as the galactic Dino in front (down to 59s!?) was in a different race altogether.
    Congrats to @Dino Paolini and John, and also Jason for the great races. It was real fun.
    Video here:

• Like Like x 3
  6. John vd Geest

I really wonder why this series isn't more popular. It's as much fun as you can have in a racing car. Maybe because the car looks a bit weird and small and the community goes by a first impression. The car drives like a small P2 and is very sensitive to inputs. Great stuff.

Good demo of the car Jos. Thanks for the video.

• Like Like x 1