rFactor 2 Round 4 Red Bull Ring

Discussion in 'Formula 4 Powered by ACD Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  2. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Sorry I missed this round, I was late home.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

I should have done a little better
    Was racing using my oculus rift s. Really enjoying this but didnt manage any practice for this round and just used a modified car setup from another track.
    Race 1: I got off to a reasonable start but collected a car that had spun in one of the fast corners....not the other drivers fault he couldnt get out of the way. I slammed into him and ripped my front wing off before flipping upside down . Anyway when the car righted I was a bit disorientated and started driving the wrong way on the track. Rfactor immediately disqualified me so that was that and so i just spectated the race while fettling my car for the second race.

Race2: I started ok again and collected a sliding car in the first corner. I then spun on the horrible little corner when i got on the power too early on exit.....more time lost but I gathered it up and put in consistent laps for the rest of the race finishing 8th or 9th ...cannot remember
    Enjoyed race 2 just a pity it was lonely.

Congrats to the podium guys :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Race 1: Spent the whole race in Kens slipstream, without a single chance to pass him.

Race 2: Good start but involved i a corner 1 crash i didnt cause. Going on from last position
    with a wounded car i had a good battle with Ed, but when pushing a bit harder, the permanent
    understeer made me loose control and i spun. Parking with the nose in front of the barrier, i
    was not aible to find the revearse gear to rejoin the track! Why? Because the day before i had
    to reassign all buttons on the wheel and i forgot the reverse gear key - LOL, so a DNF was the result.

PS: gentlemen, may i lead your attention to our next tuesday series, which should be great GT3 action:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/gtd-sportscar-usa-series-info.3840/

• Like Like x 1