Assetto Corsa Round 4 @ Road Amercia

Discussion in 'World Endurance Championship 2014 Season 1 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Practice server is up !

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gustavo Parreira

Gustavo Parreira Pro Driver

Here just to say that Road America is a great choice! See you on track.

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Road America, a good choice indeed.
    Just did a few laps in an LMP1. Boy are those things fast! But i'll stay in LMP2 :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Just finished my first test with Ligier. The track is really fast with tricky turns.

5. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

First time every racing on Assetto Corsa. I'm having trouble loading Ligier JSP2 and Oreca 03R. Where do these go in the folder? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

6. Rob Milliken

No prob Johnny , AC is pretty easy to add mods to ..
    find your AC main Dir , default is something like C:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

Once there open the assettocorsa folder ,inside find the content folder this is where tracks & mods go .. inside you will see the cars folder this is where all the car folders go ..

so the path would be C:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars .

if your having issues make sure you don't have the car in a sub folder , (some times they are ziped like that) to check open the said car folder and make sure the car files are there . if all you see is another folder with the car name, that's the folder you want in the game ..! (used to get me all the time lol) just open one of the installed car folders to see what to expect)

If you still have issues let me know we will get it sorted !!

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Rob Milliken

Server is all set in official race mode .. countdown to Quall has started ! !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Thanks for all your help Rob! Being on the server with Rob made the difference of racing and not racing today. So much info. So overwhelming at times. Rob walked me through pretty much all the apps that appear in the game. Thanks bud. I owe you one for sure. Rob knows his sh**.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Great race and I must say the GTE guys were very well behaved letting the LMP2 past.
    But gutted I binned it lapping one. And worst thing is, it was my own fault

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

What a hard race that was Luan pushing me at the start then Gustavo at the end.
    I had a feeling you were going to make a move at some point Gustavo, If there were another couple of laps you probably would of got past.

Grats John and Taner for there respected wins.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

BTW, if the replay is needed I can upload it

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

Great race guys !
    sry to anyone who i spun in front of ..lol
    I need to figure out how to drive these p2's lol I had a set that would do 1:54's but i could barely break 2:00 with it lol wings were f-2 r-3 ..but the other p2's were like 20mph faster than me lol !

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

14. Gustavo Parreira

Gustavo Parreira Pro Driver

It was a really good race. @Roy Cop I believe that just as the GTEs were "friendly", the LMP2 were also, as they decided to make safe overtakes without compromising anyone, it was really cool because in almost of all time we was "fighiting" for position.

I had a good car and a good race pace, but I could not let go of John that even though it was 1 second slower, he kept close and had a more balanced car in the brakes, I made a mistake in the pits and I just could not get back the first place to keep dreaming with the victory.

Then I had a battle with Nigel at the end of the race that was ahead with a different strategy, we ended up colliding in the last sector in the last lap (I had only that chance in those circumstances). It was not intentional, it was a touch of race because there was a space inside, but I still decided to let he go and still apologize again for the incident.

In fact, a good race for two classes I believe, maybe the best since the start of the season.

Edit: I forgot to say, well done for the winners! And all of the drivers who participated.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 3