rFactor 2 Round 4 Sebring

Discussion in 'Indy Pro 2000 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Ken, from now on you have another job on top of admin and racer: tell Scott to check his brakes when he is wayyy slower than you!;) Cant believe I didnt think to check before the race...doh!

3. Denis Eshchenko

Denis Eshchenko Pro Driver

Ricardo! This move in first corner... ohh, it's amazing! Really good was driving. ;):cool:

4. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

Well nice races. I had a good pace in both races.
    First race I had a DT.
    Second race I pushed in T1, its works.

But big luck, finished the race with 4seconds of fuel left :D

upload_2021-2-23_21-32-14.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hilario Sousa please remember you must take a Drive Through at the end of the 1st racing lap for the penalty imposed after the Watkins Glen race.
    Oh No!! Was that the problem again? :(

6. Jacopo Zaninelli

Jacopo Zaninelli Pro Driver

first time at sebring, not enough practice= 2 top ten results thrown away.
    I don't remember who (gherard i think), but thanks for the 'put more wing jacopo', it helped a lot

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Yes Jacopo, in race 1 i was behind you and you were pushing like hell, but your rear
    was extreme nervous. i knew this cannot work for 25 min.
    Next race in the Oval we will have to manage new issues :cool:

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  8. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I arrived late in the server without having tested the car in Sebring so used the Watkins' setup for qualy (only managing P8) and first race after adding an extra 6 litres of fuel that I actually didn't need. It was obvious later, during the race, that I had too little wing and too much fuel. This didn't help on the first race as I was a notch slower than @Kostas Kantzouras, @Michał Mazurek and @Ken Jagger. Incidents in their races (for Michal and Ken) allowed me to climb to 4th, even 3rd for a while as @Ricardo Ferreira had done his DT... But when I got him back on my tail I didn't even put any efforts to defend... Such a fantastic pace! It was different when Ken caught on me. Also with great pace but I thought I could hold this time. Coming into the final lap, he completed a great overtake relegating me to 5th position and a lap only to recover P4. I put all the pressure I could when approaching the hairpin and forced a defense action from Ken that I could exploit to overtake... That was pretty satisfying although Ken had the pace to claim P4 had he not had a few mistakes earlier in the race. It worked well for me.

Having seen how lively was the rear of the Tattus during the first race, I added a bit of wing and removed the extra 6 liters. It worked well in the second qualy (P5) and race. Holding again Ken in the first few turns (great starts from Ken in this series), we were soon split in the two front groups: Ricardo and @Denis Eshchenko upfront (in a different race altogether), and Kostas, Michal, and I in a second group... With much more confidence in the setup, I maximised gains from Michal's and Kostas' slight mistakes and secured P3 after an intense first part of the race. The second half was about managing the distance as there was nothing I could do to close the gap with Denis.

All in all, two good races and much fun.
    Congrats to all podium finishers and thanks to Ken for setting this up.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

What a pace from those first 5-6 guy´s and a spec top 3 in Qual and race :eek:
    Great to see what really could be done with the car/track combo :rolleyes::cool:
    Congrats to podium player´s and thank you admins.
    My humble race was most about keep out off trouble if it could be done.
    First race old man man was at sleep when the start went :D I didn´t hear any sound in the count down so
    I was at another place:D:oops: Second race I was last so I couldn´t be in in the way of other´s ;)
    This newbei forgot to change from deafult set up, couldn´t find out why nothing worked out like first qual :confused: :D
    not that it would have change anything what so ever ;) great still learning :oops:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1