rFactor 2 Round 4 Sepang

Discussion in 'Ferrari Challenge 2019 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Riccardo Alitta

Riccardo Alitta Pro Driver

Hi all

This is my situation with the tires after 8 laps at Sepang.
    Is this normal? What am I doing wrong?? GRAB_012.JPG

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The only answer is you must be over-driving the capabilities of this car/tyre combination. IMO I've found that there seems to be a dead-zone in both feel, tyre noise and visuals with this car, which doesn't clearly indicate that it is actually sliding a lot at the front.

My solution has been to work on the car setup to give the car a lift-off, tuck-in handling behaviour. It's taken a while to get to where it is now and I can't remember all the specific changes I've made from track to track which have been necessary to get that handling style. Without looking at the setup options available, try stiffening the rear springs, adjusting the rear ARB, along with stiffening the front ARB a bit. Also try reducing brake pressure and fiddling with the brake bias to get it so it doesn't lock up the front tyres, which will also quickly kill them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Riccardo Alitta

thanks Ken I'll try this

5. Riccardo Alitta

Much better and more fun thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

nice race.
    Got surprise with the start. Everybody looked so slow that i was wandering
    1st - is it formation lap?
    2nd - am i doing anithing wrong?
    3rd- did i put enought fuel and no i didnt so im faster tan everybody?
    4th - none as the above, i learn to drive on qualify and now im realy fast

Then came down to earth and started to loose positions (some agressive drivers there. No need to)
    Was doing ok in 8th position but an error when 5min to end, put me on 9th.
    Well, it was fun.

7. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Hi all. I did the same thing as in Le Mans and lost the race due to poor tyre conservation. The trouble this time was that all the way through practice I was wearing the rear tyres, so at the start of the race I leaned quite heavily on the fronts to try to take some force off the rears. Sadly my rears barely wore at all and my fronts just disintegrated almost immediately.
    Congrats to @Ken Jagger and @Brook Legg . You were the smoother drivers today.

• Like Like x 1