Assetto Corsa Round 4 Spa

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Campionato Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  2. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

My apologies again, seems is gonna be the 3rd race in a row i will miss, i need to travel outside the town for tonight.. I feel very bad, i dont like to register myself at an event and then for a reason i cant be able to be here.. :( From the other hand the reason is good enough, i will go to get my logitech G27 so i hope you forgive me.. :) Have fun all and see you at next race ¨)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Thanks for keeping us informed Vasilis. Enjoy the G27 :).

4. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Dammit, I'm so sorry guys I confused the time of the race, believing it was 20h here and I was out of home untill 19h25.. :confused::rolleyes: Shame on me !

5. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Great racing guys, I had fun but almost blew the transmission, I wasn't sure what was going on but I would just grind gears. Checked my calibration and clutch pedal was set to engage fully at 100% pedal, I usually set it to 70% or so. Once I saw that box damage getting worse and worse I had to really slow it down :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Bad race for me. Got hit from the back in T1, which wasn't ideal .. Alex and Victor were fighting in front and I was able to close the gap. But as soon as I got behind Alex I had a spin. I was able to catch him again. We fought a couple of laps. Then I tried to pass him in Eau Rouge but cut the chicane and got in front. I gave the place back because of the cut. Later that lap I spun again and then 2 more times .. ugh, that wasn't good at all. I made some toe and camber adjustments that I probably shouldn't have. A little too fast into a turn and the back got round and I couldn't catch it. Previous 2 races I did on default setup and that seems better, at least for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

That's too bad :( I was looking forward to us fighting it out towards the end. Once I saw that you fell off I just let off.

For the setup, last race I just loaded up the stock, today I played around in practice and gave it lots of negative up front but slightly less in the back as the rear would just go. To fix the rear I just gave it a more neutral toe and not as much negative camber...but I'm useless at setups so I shouldn't talk. But it worked.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Laurent Londes

It looked like it would be a good fight indeed. I was a bit faster but getting ahead was difficult.

Thanks for the setup tips. I suppose I went the opposite side of what I should have. Not sure what I did in the end, I made some changes during practice and didn't save it. But indeed, my problem was also that the rear would just go..

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

That was fun, I had no idea on how far I could get flat out before running out of fuel - and my fuel calcs gave me exactly 60mins at race pace.
    Normally I fuel to 60mins +1 lap in these, so this was an issue for me, as a result I spent the first 30-40 mins of the race fuel saving once I'd pulled a second or so clear, which kept me in sight of the rest of the field for most of the race.
    It also meant I could watch the 2/3 way fight for 2nd that raged behind me for most of the race :cool:

Once I had 3 minutes of fuel reserve I went for it (Not much choice, Victor had nearly pulled back up to me by then), that gave me another second in lap speed but I also noticed the burn rate had increased by half a litre a lap! No wonder my early calcs were so pessimistic :eek:

That was enough to drop Victor a bit (I think that might be when I did my FL, haven't checked though), and so I carried on at a less fuel friendly pace but still doing some conservation.
    Finally with 6 minutes to go I could be certain how many laps were left and went for it again, I dropped Victor a bit more and then he dropped back massively - I see from the replay he caught too much kurb at Stavelot and span.

So well done to Victor and Alex on the podium, and also to our finishers - a shame that the server stopped before Doni crossed the line but as you were still going I think it's fair to call that a finish!

Regarding setup, I was running slight toe out on the rear to handle all the fast sweeping turns - this did have some negative effects though through Eau Rouge and into Les Combes on cold tires. Eau Rouge was deadly if taken too fast and you all probably saw me loose the back and take the bumpy route through Les Combes on the opening lap - I very nearly repeated this again on lap 2 :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Confusing toe settings in AC: 1-9.. doesnt say in or out, and shouldnt there be negative numbers also?o_O
    Being 6 seconds off in a slow car makes me think I should trade in my wheel for a wheel chair.. and i'm only 57.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Toe settings are just settings/values.
    The actual values on the car can be seen in the right hand side of the setup screens.
    Help tips will pop up if you hover over any of the settings

12. Ken Jagger

I too have always been a little confused when the AC help text describes negative values when the slider doesn't actually have any o_O Even more so when reducing the slider value actually increases the toe-out rather than toe-in. Why can't these damn developers use the same methods for adjustment :D. I now see that when the slider is adjusted the live value changes on the main screen. Obvious really now that it's been pointed out :D.

13. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

You can even see the changes on the car itself in live.

14. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Doh, in car status.. haha I should practice more, I might have noticed that. Now how do I get the adjusting toe steering wheel like mercedesF1:cool:

15. Laurent Londes

Try pulling your steering wheel, see if it does anything..

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Ken Jagger

He might take-off instead! :D

• Funny Funny x 2