Assetto Corsa Comp Round 4 Spa

Discussion in 'ACC World Tour Series 4 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Untitled.jpg Registration

Round 4 finds us spending the evening at Spa !
    This iconic track has hosted some of the best auto racing in the world !
    The classic 24 hrs of Spa comes to mind & that's the theme for this weeks event !
    Last race we finished into the night !
    This round we are following suit with a late afternoon start (5:00 pm in game time) that will have us racing into the sunset and all through the night finishing around 9:00 AM next day .

We will start in daylight & finish in daylight but the majority of the race will be Night Driving !
    (time excel X11 = aprox 16 hrs simulation time in 90 min)
    5:00 pm to 9:00 am

The practice session is set up to match race day times & temps so we can practice in race conditions !
    track conditions will be changing as we go from day/night/day
    Weather randomness is set to 2 so its up to the race gods as to what we might experience !
    Quall will be at 12pm (in game time)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Ooh nice, will feel like a proper GT race at Spa :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yikes, it's a night race with time acceleration. That will make tire pressures a challenges :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

5. What a waste of time again, second event in a row that I get disconnected during the race. I'm on the server for 2 hours no problem, but in race session something goes wrong. Is there a log on the server?
    Rejoined, but 2 corners later somebody crashed and I got collected. Car was over 2 seconds a lap slower and I was unable to unlap myself cleanly, so I left.
    If it happens again, I'm not gonna bother anymore, just a waste of time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

well 1st time at Spa with this game and 1st time 90minutes..well again pace is little better so ok
    Q didnt get perfect but happy with result
    R Messed up start, that procedure with starting car and all is confusing nevertheless got into lead after eau rouge.
    Then people pass me left and right having much more speed..isit setup or car?
    Also got punted and same guy would have ended my race totally on brake into the corner after the straight that follows rouge.
    Lucky i watch my mirrors, what a idiotic divebomb ive seen in year or 2. Public server arcade shit like no other...
    I mean, yes you are fast in this game, but Sir..you drive like an idiot.

@Johnny Gutierrez thx for race! too bad i crashed on straight...was checking something lol ;P
    we doit next time!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Abrunhosa

Michael Abrunhosa Pro Driver

Unlucky there, Jeff, wondered what happened to you. I had a good enough race, finished P4.

Well done @Max Veloce for the win, though lap 2 was a wild dive bomb and if I had been less aware, or not taken avoiding action, we would both be out the race! You are a fast enough driver that you don't need to be as aggressive.

Good job by the Bentleys going long too.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

I don't know Max, but looking at the replay, it looks like he missed his braking point (as we have all done before) and then cut the corner on purpose to avoid any contact with you (and obviously with you being aware not to turn in), realised this and gave the place back.

Anyway, good race, practiced in the rain and it didn't come.
    @Rob Milliken well done, you seemed to have picked up your pace in this game lately.
    @Taner Selvi respect for going through the Bus Stop side by side in the early laps without contact.
    @Daniel Kristow sorry you got caught up when I was having a tank slapper moment.
    @Tim Muttram When you let Bill and then me passed without much of a fight, we figured you were trying to go without pitting. Nice strategy, congrats.

Congrats podium.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

Maybe I just misjudged the brake point watching all the cars around me but ok, if you want to call people idiots lets get the replay out where you side swiped me multiple times when I was alongside you, and yet you claim to have awareness of whats around you ... pot = kettle!

I didn't come to crash or wreck anyone but heh, nm

As I said, not a dive bomb, just a mistake, and as you probably noticed I immediately slowed and gave the place back to the leader after clearing the corner (and you the next corner when I again didn't slow in time), see a pattern?, maybe I was just making early mistakes getting used to the race setup/grip level!

I'm sorry for not being perfect?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Well thanks for the race everybody.

1st off never got a proper qually lap in, I had splits for a 2:17 in practice and I was convinced I would get it in qualy but it didn't happen :(
    Race start with Ruskus getting into trouble I was not sure what to do as I thought he fell asleep and just drove off or something so I was thinking "do I wait?" that compromised my start but my fault...There was a little too much banging on lap 1 for my liking but it is what it is, I almost got spun and damn near stalled trying to save it, got passed by a whole bunch of cars and continue to crawl my way back to up. Still a lot of closing doors going on :( Guys we need to give each other room to race, and if your opponents car is ahead of yours you can't just drive into them out of a corner. I was lapping 2 seconds faster than some cars ahead of me and I still gave it a few laps until I could pass them clean or force them into making a mistake, but it seems like some got the "its now or never" mentality when it comes to passing.

Some great battles on the way, sorry I forget your names as I was too focused on the driving but there was a good 2 or 3 battles I had where we went a few laps within .2-.5 of each other and that was great fun.

I had a few moments where I was closing in too fast on the car in front and had to take avoiding action.

Ruskus - shit happens, don't go ;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

I 2nd that, I've had a horrible run of luck in the races here (not through any particular reason, but jeez), so stick with it and it'll come good again

• Like Like x 3
  12. Michael Abrunhosa

Michael Abrunhosa Pro Driver

@Max Veloce it’s all good, not having a dig at you. You had really good pace and drove a great race. I wasn’t sure if you tried to give me the place back or if you made a mistake at Bruxelles which is how I got in front of you again.

I tried to keep you behind Alex, but you also had great pace! Great race today. My strategy of not changing tyres didn’t quite pay off this time!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Absolutely gutted got a disco with about 14 minutes remaining :mad: of a 90 minute race ! Grrrr so annoyed :(
    Had enjoyed a brilliant race long battle with Abrunhosas Ferrari and finally got ahead with 20 mins left only to get the disconnect. Absolutely loved the night race and lighting conditions. :cool: Expected more cars close by but field got quickly strung out. o_O
    My Aston and the Ferrari were glued together the whole race battling for 7th until the pit stop which became a fight for 9th afterwards. Had to do some fuel managing mid race but all was good overall. Really didn’t want to pit as it cost so much time but couldn’t see how I could save 17-20L over the race distance without having a dull coast and lift 90 mins.

• Like Like x 1
  14. If I keep getting disco'd on the server, it's no point joining really :p

15. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

With SRO it happened to me once in practice, and never again.....eh I only fire up ACC for this league anyway.

But really, don't go ;)

16. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats to the winner! Not sure who won but you won so congrats!!

I always have fun racing you @Toni Talvitie. You were faster but I know that Porsche was a handful for sure. I was also looking at my telemetry and did a Dukes of Hazard stile jump during the race.

I'll have to agree with a few here. Some of you guys were driving waaay to aggressive. I'm sitting in my cockpit watching you guys bang doors multiple times/multiple laps. I just leaned off the gas and stayed out of it LOL. It was fun to watch though.

@Jeffrey Ruskus. I know the frustration. That's kept me out of races in the past. I always did find the solution. We know you will as well.

That was me who tapped your left rear bumper @Alex Sander. I was on the inside curb and didn't know you were going to cut it so short there. If I would have known, I would have leaned off the gas sooner. I noticed you came back so I decelerated and let you pass back later on during the race. Better late than never? Again, not my intention to tap you Alex. :oops:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  17. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

All good mate, I've done it to people as well, never any ill intent, but its good that we talk about it so that we can learn and get better :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rob Milliken

Congrats to the podium ! Well done Max ! sorry to hear about the disconnects o_O.. maybe it has to do with time excel?:rolleyes:
    Tuesdays race in normal time 1X so we will see !
    It was really cool seeing the day/night/day transitions ! & made it quite challenging !
    Some shots from the race :
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.22 - 23.18.25.71.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.22 - 23.29.01.48.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.22 - 23.49.45.73.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.22 - 23.41.52.61.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.22 - 23.35.54.15.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.22 - 23.41.06.49.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  19. Not for me as it also happened Thursday with AC, so 2 different sims, same issue o_O

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

my disconnects always happen late or near the end of a longer event. Wonder if its something to do with bandwidth capacity or something? Got fibre so should be able to cope with it. Any tech experts on here know what it might be? My router goes into a flashing orange warning light. Get the same thing when binge watching something on Netflix. Bloody frustrating when i had just battled someone for near an hour and half and on for a top 10 place :( Thats Bathurst and Spa i've borked out of now, both cracking events. Yet the connection held for dull old Nurburg GP :rolleyes: (comparitively speaking ;) ) My season is ruined now as i also missed Monza for RL. :(

• Informative Informative x 1