Assetto Corsa Round 4 Vallelunga

Discussion in 'SRO Mazda MX-5 EuroCup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 3
  2. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Thanks Ken

3. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I have been working so hard this week, and I am really, really tired. I think I had around 10 hours of sleep for the previous 3 days, so going to get some sleep when I get home tonight, If I can make it, I will be on the grid, cannot promise anything, though. Sorry about this guys, might have to skip this one.
    GLA

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Understand your position Yusuf and I hope you can make it :)
    This next paragraph is addressed to other people who are registered for the race:
    If you KNOW NOW that you are definitely not going to make it tonight please do the decent thing and unregister from this event as there are 4 people on standby. It will be disappointing to see that places could have been used by other people who are keen to join the series.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

COMPLETELY agree with Chris here,
    4 with a red dot and maybe thirteen turnups
    unregister if you are not participating please

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ken Jagger

The following members have been unregistered from this race and/or the series for lack of participation in previous races.

Panagiotis Kapetaneas
    joao botelho de sousa
    Alaoui Nassim

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ken Jagger

Post race

The following members have been unregistered from the series for failing to attend and also unregister from the last 2 races.

Chiel Hubers
    Fabio Contini

• Like Like x 2
  8. Frans van der Linden

Frans van der Linden Pro Driver Donator

• Like Like x 3
  9. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Had a very good lap in qualy, less than a tenth from my fastest lap.
    I made a decent start, or the others just messed up theirs a bit but I immediately had a small gap which I was able to
    expand during the race. It has been longtime since I was able to put in such consistent laptimes.
    Bart raced on his crappy laptop so I had an unfair advantage but still happy with the win.
    Next race will be a lot more difficult...

Watched the replay.
    Awesome battle between Simon and Martin for fourth place.
    Nice!!

C u all for round 5 at Tor Poznan.

Cheers,

Tim

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

Did not expect such a good Result Qual =3 Race = 4

Had a mediocre start me and Bart touched I did not see him and I don't think he saw me either :eek:, no harm done stayed with Bart and Frans to watch Tim disappear into the distance until Martin and Phil joined me ,Martin got passed soon followed by Phil ,I was able to start pulling away from Stephen and Kai ,I touched Phil into turn 3 had him sideways so I backed off to let him back on line, then I passed him not so long after then he got tangled up with Stephen and Kai so I was able to close down the gap to Martin and did some of my fasted laps to do it, Martin was not making any mistakes so I had to push but be careful ,I caught him with 2 laps to go, I think we was so closely matched but we traded places about 5 times I think before I managed to claim 4th could have gone either way absolutely loved it.:D:D:D.
    I would have been as happy had Martin got 4th and I was 5th the racing was awesome.:D:D.

• Like Like x 4
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

I have no word to describe my race other than diabolical!!
    Although I had been, what turned out to be, the pace of the upper midfield through practice sessions I just could not feel comfortable in the car at all last night and was making mistake after mistake. :confused: During practice sessions up to last night, and Martin can verify this, I was competitive as we had good fun practicing.
    I was very cautious at the start as I didn't want to get tangled up with anyone, to the extent that when Roel had a half spin on the first lap I went the longest way round to avoid any incident myself. Almost got collected with the incident between Sean and Damien but survived that. Don't know what happened after that as I am trying to get it out of my mind but I do remember having some good racing with Ed. It would take me a while to catch him, then I would overtake him and then promptly make a stupid mistake meaning Ed got back passed me. This process must have repeated 4 or 5 times until I eventually managed to not make a mistake on the penultimate lap because I went back into cautious mode. Very very clean racing with Ed who must have been absolutely crying with laughter each time I made a mistake. Ed I salute you for your clean driving:cool: but apologise if you couldn't concentrate through laughing so much.

Really disappointed with myself but at least the world hasn't ended............

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Martin James

Martin James Pro Driver

Never found a sweet spot with car or track but had reasonable pace, 5th quali and an okay start.

Phil and I faught hard in the opening laps and the front group broke away, often side by side and no paint exchanged but i couldn't get away from him! That is until he made a small mistake on exit of (cant remember which so...) a corner..

That released his hold and I started to hunt down Simon - As he explained i did manage to catch and get through but in that closing period mid race Phil was now back on the scene and nibbling at Simon. I was given a breather when they tangled. I was then just focusing on my own race as Phil and Simon got caught by the chasing pack and i thought i was in the clear... I wasn't o_O

Race pace was okay until i noticed Simon was on the move and lapping 0.3s quicker than my race best, let alone my current pace at the point of realising his closing time. If he is consistent and i am consistent he will catch me before the end of the race, no doubt about it - he was closing and closing, i could find nothing more as my own racing line and braking points were burnt in my brain so starting to do anything different now would only lead to a mistake -

Battle ensued at around 3 laps to go and it was an epic one - i tried my best in defense and my best on counter attack which we were both doing like crazy to get that extra inch - right to the finish line with Simon deservedly coming out on top! Great job, i made it as hard as i could for you ;)

Awesome race - i struggle to click with the car but every race turns out a great experience, loved it!
    MJ :)

• Like Like x 4