Round 4 Zandvoort

Discussion in 'Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Pro Driver

password?

3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

4. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Pro Driver

I dont see anything there. do you only see the password if you have registered - *goes off to register to find out*

5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

6. Martino Maggiolo

Martino Maggiolo Pro Driver

I'm hoping to join yas for this one!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

ya John I guess we need some drs rules

8. Martino Maggiolo

Martino Maggiolo Pro Driver

Second race with a brand new computer. I guess i need to program my wheel to recognize reverse. o_O I spun into a wall and couldn't do anything but try and push it out of the way. :rolleyes:
    Anyways, im pretty sure I wasn't getting DRS. I had fun though...thx
    MM

9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hope you all had a good race.

I was looking forward to that one. Got a decent lap in for qualifying.

Then on the first lap I got a disconnect and that was it.

Apologies if I caused confusion to those behind me. I tried to stay to one side once I realised what was happening.

10. Ken Jagger

Very unlucky Andrew :(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Another awesome race. Congrats Scott. I was hoping to give you a good battle at the end but it didn't work out. When I got the lead at the start I had to push like hell and that wore my tires out early so I decided that a two stopper was most likely. Decided to take that second stop on lap 29 and get out with enough time to catch up. But had a little misunderstanding coming into pit lane. :) Oh well, $#it happens. I thought I would be lucky to take second but Ken caught me at the end of the last lap because I decided to try and get to the end with worn out tires. Nice job Ken. This series is great fun and looking forward to the next round. See ya.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Ken Jagger

It's good to see some different race strategies in play and how it works out at the end :) I hated robbing a Team mate of 2nd but it just had to be done! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yeah I tried to hold you off Ken but figured it was better if we both finished the race. It was exciting to see your car getting closer every lap and there was nothing I could do :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

I ran some laps yesterday and was only barely scratching into the 37's and figured I was way out of contention, but just before I came online today, I decided to try dialing in a lot more oversteer than I usually have, to try and deal with the fronts wearing.. and my times really dropped and seem to stay decent all the way thru the stint:cool:

15. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

For me was a good half of the race. Then, another stupid mistake. I push neutral on full throttle and my engine explode. It is sooooo frustrating. I can't have a single race without making something STUPID. Looks like I must take a brake from simracing.
    See you guys in a week or two.
    Have fun!

16. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

When I came out of the pitlane, Mark was 6 seconds in front and I thought ... how the hell did he do that?! So I was under the impression that he had stopped already. When I caught up with him comming on to the main straight, Mark went to the right like he had done before to brake the tow I had, and I followed him to the right. Was a big surprise to me that he suddenly braked for the pitlane to get tires and I rammed him.
    A very unfortunate misunderstanding for witch I take full blame. Mark did nothing wrong. He was just pitting.