Assetto Corsa Comp Round 4 Zandvoort 2019

Discussion in 'Tuesday Night ACC Porsche Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

3. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Just a heads up, the 2020 GT World Challenge Pack DLC is released tomorrow, with the creators and other Youtube dudes premiering it tonight at Imola.
    I don't expect there will be an update for us until tomorrow (where we get version 1.6), but it maybe wise to jump onto steam a little earlier than normal to make sure there isn't an update before tonights race.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

getting the same problem this week. when i get in the multiplayer lobby i keep getting 'an error occured - please try again'. but in the bottom right corner it says 'connected'

5. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Can we please change this series name to Demolution Derby. I think it is more accurate. Thank god I don't practice at all for these races (expect Laguna Seca I did maybe 15 laps), because it would be a waste of time because every time someone forgets to brake behind me.

6. Andrew Williams

Apologies to Galluzzi for T1 and Henri for T3 (and everybody else caught up in that, which was pretty much everybody behind :(

In the words of Leclerc - I AM STUPID!

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  7. Mark Jones

Mark Jones Pro Driver

Apologies to Christian, great battle after the chaos of the first lap/s, but either I got a nudge from behind or hit the high kerb and it pushed me into you, really sorry (I don't have a reply to check but assumed it was me). I was glad I waited though as another nice battle after.
    Very nearly quit after damage at T2/3 on first lap, then again a few corners later, but was good fun after that. As Henri says just pays to not worry about practise or the odd incident and then it's all good. Just like real Porsche Cup really :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

That was one hell of a fight - nearly half the race holding Gavino off!
    Eventually I had a slight mistake caused in part by tires that were starting to go off, and in main - by about 15 minutes of pressure holding Gavino off by trying to nail every brake point and apex, while parking there enough that I could keep the advantage onto the next straight..

I could feel the frustration building behind, but hope I was staying as clean as I intended :cool:

Just to ruin the race though ACC has decided to default itself to the standard 5 minute replay, so I have nothing to watch the action on :(

Thanks for that Gavino, if I ever learn to drive in straight lines I'll hopefully return the favor to you :p

• Like Like x 2
  9. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Sorry for the bump in lap 1 @Rob Milliken , just could not stop in time. Also sorry @Mark Jones too for getting in your way, for some reason my rear took a wobble and I cut in front of you.

10. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

No problem mate! I understand these kind situations happen when racing, but it little bit piss me off, when it happen pretty much every race to me.

11. Mark Jones

Mark Jones Pro Driver

No problem Norman, i must admit i wondered what was going on, it looked like you decided to weave to warm your tyres. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

I liked this race a lot! Great racing, and my pace was less off than usual.
    Well it was my second porsche cup race, but at least its getting better, i might pick up a few tens and then may be somewhere in the middle of the field. After messing up with the fuel calc again, I was really confused by the start widget because it seemed to put me on the wrong side. Anyway, start went good, and i was in 13th or 14th position suddenly. And then i really tried hard to keep some Guys behind me. To be honest, on that track it seems to be easier to keep someone behind if he is not seconds faster.
    After some great battles I had a very unfortunate situation with @Mark Jones: I checked the replay because i wanted to see if I left enough space, and there was indeed space on the inside. But it was really tricky in that corner, the inner kerb is horrible there. You are completely right, you hit the inner high kerb and then went like a rocket in the air and right into my back ;) - In that moment I was a bit sad, because I knew my pace may be to slow for catching up the others, but in the end at least us 2 had still a nice battle ongoing until I made some mistakes. That said, it's Porsche cup, so no worries, incidents happen, and sometimes I was also very late on my brakes ;)
    Anyway, great racing and thanks to Rob for organizing that Porsche cup events!
    cheers Christian

• Like Like x 2
  13. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Congratulation to all podium players .
    For once I got away from that heavy action in turn 2/3 :confused: , had some time to get
    settled down in pos 9, but I knew it was only a matter off time until some one
    catch up , and they did ;) had to give away some grund :oops:. Not to overdrive those beast ;)
    still I did at a couple off times. Pure luck I could catch them :eek:.
    See you all

• Like Like x 2
  14. Andrew Williams

Understand your frustration.
    We've raced together quite a lot, and you know this isn't me.
    Just a really bad night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gavino Pintus

Gavino Pintus Pro Driver

Finally a race without errors.

At the start I was very conservative, but was the right choice. At the exit of the first corner I was 4th (4 positions gained)

I'm faster than the third (Kullberg) and after studying him I saw that its weak phase is the braking one. Before the Audi chicane I'm near to him and I attack from the outside and mission accomplished. I'm third.

Now It's time to attack Vartiainen, and luckily he made a mistake at the Renault curve, and this allows me to attack to the Vodafone curve from the outside. I'm second.

In the meantime Tim gained 3 sec and I know that would be very difficult, but I gain some tenth of second each lap until I reach him.
    I know Tim, and he is very fast and very strong, so I follow him in order to study him. He is a little bit slow at the exit of the last corner, and I've tried two times to attack at the Tarzan curve. The first time I was a little bit long, but the second time was good. Now I'm in 1st position.

From now on, I do my pace and luckily is enough to win.

I'm happy because my race was clean and I've not touched anyone. And this is the only important thing to do.
    Shame to not have the live, because was a great race to see.
    See you at Bathurst. A great circuit

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  16. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

Another intense and really enjoyable race for me tonight!

Started P10 or 11 due to someone missing on the grid, I managed to take the inside line at T1, gaining at least 3 or 4 positions before I had a slight contact with Lorenzo, that luckily leaved our cars relatively undameged and with the chance to have a great fight during the first 4 or 5 laps. After I had the better of him exploiting a poor exit by the last corner I tried to catch the train in front of me, composed by Jari, Gavino and Arto. After some laps Gavino managed to over take the Finnish duo, and I managed to catch them at nearly half race to go. That with Arto was a great duel. In this narrow track he defended himself in a proper way, and was really hard to pass him. That happened after 5 or 6 laps with a manouvre that lasted from T1 to T4 side by side as real gentleman drivers, giving each other enough racing space to make that 3 corners side by side. Well done for your defense Arto :)
    Then, after some laps I catched even Jari, that seemed to struggle a bit more than me on his tyres during the last part of the race. The movie was quite the same. I jumped on him after the exit of the last corner exploiting a poor exit, but this time I took the inside, so it was a bit "easier" to pass him.
    After that I was only watching at the clock, as Gavino and Tim were 8 seconds ahead and I had only to bring my Porka home. After that, I must say I had a great race tonight, and that was due to the fairness of behaviour of the people encountered during my race.
    I'd like to remark that, even on a track like this, we have been all pretty polite at T1 watching the replay. The T3 mess was due to an unfortunate coincidence, that on a track with such a narrowness can easily create a funnel of cars crashing onto each other. In the previous races every T1 has been very very clean, so, tbh I don't retain fair to define this champ a "destruction derby" Henri. Judging by the replay you were really unlucky, and I'm sure that Andrew will be more cautious next time. Sxxt happens unfortuntaley. We have to deal with it :)

Well done to Gavino and Tim for their wonderful race!

See you for the next :)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

Absolutely not your fault ! no problem :D:D we were all stopped & nowhere to go!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Any one got a replay would be great :)
    Try to take one, my self but it was only last minut in pit.:(:confused:

19. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

apologies for not making it last night. I was frantically trying to get my hardware to work right upto the last minute and beyond :( faulty usb port it seems. Pretty peeved to miss a round.

20. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Best race for me since i started to race with Acc, with some luck i escaped from the T1/T3 mess and tried to find my pace.
    Had a battle with Matteo for some laps, but after a mistake he had the better of it, in any case he was faster than me, so I avoided a strenuous defense and the consequent waste of time.

After 3 race i've learned quite a lot and i'm figuring out how to drive those cars.

Arrived 14th at Kyalamy, 9th at Laguna and and 5th at Zandy, so i guess next one will be an (easy) win! :D

• Like Like x 2