Project Cars 2 Round 4 Zhuhai

Discussion in 'X-Bow GT4 World Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 15, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The server will be online approximately 2 hrs before Qualifying starts.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

This race was absolutely fantastic.

I was expecting another clear victory for Julian after his great quali. But no!
    My ACD mates and me gave him a hard time and i think he will be thankful for the thrill.
    Me and Björn were behind him one sec for a few laps, than Björn motivated me over
    Teamspeak: "Push harder, he is also on the limit! :D
    So i did and could pass him, we had an intense fight and changed positions several times.
    When leading a lot of laps i lost concentration in a hairpin and touched the grass, i lost 4 sec
    and the possible win. Stefan and Julian did a great battle for the win now, but Julian was a bit
    faster and took a well deserved victory. Grats mate.
    Special thanks to Björn for his great support and friendship , also thanks to the admins for the fun.

BTW:
    Grid was historic: Jose could not join, but we had 10 starters!!! When Ed returns and Branco comes back
    we have established a really stable PC2 community, remember this sim was already dead at SRO!
    Now its our responsibility to create an attractive follower series.
    Once more: Thanks to our new drivers Julian, Viktor and Helmuth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  3. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to all podium players ! Great win Julian awesome ! , also happy to se Stefan on podium :)
    and Gerhard what a great race we had :eek:, even though we lost some off the thrill at the end off the race
    when Julian and Stefan went off.
    One off the most intense sim race I ever had, thats for sure :D.
    Thank you admins for all the effort/hard work try to fix the race yesterday.

Only regret for me that I couldn´t match my firts practise time not sure why:confused::confused::confused:
    Wasn´t even close.:(

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ken Jagger

Due to the issues we had last night and because we ran the race not using our normal Dedicated PC2 server, we did not get a results file after the race. This means I will have to spend some considerable time processing them manually. In the interim these are the results for both Qual & Race for your information.

20210520191656_1.jpg

20210520200705_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Well what can I say, what a fantastic fun race guys, it was intense, yep i was on the limit everywhere, so hard to be consistent on the lap times and good fighting for position all the way, its so hard not to hit someone when your racing so close, different braking points corner entry etc. brilliant hard racing. We had a really hard race Gerhard, Bjorn and Stefan such close racing, I was sweating so much, a fan is next on my list and it isn't hot in UK at the moment!!
    I'm really glad there is a good starting for a PC2 community i do enjoy it ,but also need to get some more sims set up (race in vr so ACC doesn't work for me)
    Thanks for the excellent racing and to Gerhard and Ken for trying and succeeding in getting the race up and running.
    See you in the next race.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

I've now processed the results manually, albeit the stats for laps led, consistency and pit stops are missing due to not having that data. Please take a look at them and if something doesn't agree with your data let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver

Fantastic grid of 10 drivers and a great race on a very tricky track. Had a decent start from 7th and made up 2 places. I was just keeping up with the top 4 with a 3 -5 second gap but I made a couple of mistakes and eventually fell back. Still happy with finishing in 5th.
    JS, SS, GH and BJ had a great fight up front and wished I was there too :( Great pace guys.
    Thanks to Ken for manually updating the results. Looking forward to the next race, see you all there.

• Like Like x 4