SROTCC Round 5|22 laps x2|Silverstone National|05-08-2017

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Online Touring Car Championship Closed' started by Sim Racing Online, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP ..
    Race set for 2x 22 lap races with reverse grid !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

upload_2017-8-4_12-34-54.png

There has been some practice going on. Hope more people join in.

• Like Like x 2
  4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ford focus for me please.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I hope to do well here having driven real cars round Silverstone National, Now I have said that it will probably all go horribly wrong :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

upload_2017-8-5_13-31-3.png

Things are hotting up! Maybe the Beamer is the car to have for this race, who knows.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Damm you guys put me at the bottom again !! lol:D

8. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Just cut a corner here or there, you'll get there :p

9. John vd Geest

You are fastes. That's a good start :)

10. Nigel Middleton

Will see if I am come qualifying :)

11. John vd Geest

I am not "feeling" the car. So you can cross out my name LOL

12. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Nick just went fasted :eek:

13. John vd Geest

I have no talent for these cars guys. Sorry. It oversteers on every corner. I'm fighting the car in every corner not to spin.

14. Nigel Middleton

Try the beamer that will not oversteer like a front wheel drive car it takes a lap or so longer to get the tyres heated up.

15. Nigel Middleton

To good races Race 1 2nd place and race 2 1st happy with that.
    Had fun fighting back after a spin in race 1.

Race 2 was even better racing against Roy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Don't know why I couldn't get my qualifying lap together. So had to start 3rd. Rob, who had pole, seemed to have missed the start and Nigel, 2nd on the grid, drives a Beamer. So he started like lightning. I knew I had to pass him in the first 3 laps, because after that his tyres were on song. I managed to get inside him on the 1 corner of the 2nd lap. That saw us go down to Becketts side by side. Again to my advantage I knew he had to brake that little bit earlier. Taking the corner after outbreaking him I saw him spin in the mirror. Not knowing if it was my fault I was in doubt for a few laps if I had to let him past. I decided to keep on going because I did not feel any touch between our cars. Any wrong doing I would settel after the race. From then on it was easy going. Not being under pressure I was 0.5sec a lap faster than the others. After the race it became clear that Nigels spin had nothing to do with me. Race 1, a win for me, 2nd Nigel, 3rd Nick.

Race 2 saw me starting from last spot (reversed grid). Nigel was just in front of me. Again he had a blinding start. All I could do was follow him and hope he would go wide on turn 1. Before we reached turn 1 I had to take avoiding action not to hit Nick who braked early. Very early. Having the momentum I was able to close on Nigel and pass him in Beckets. John was covering the corner well so I had to be very carefull. 4th. I followed John for a full lap. When we got into Becketts he went wide a bit which gave me the chance to pull along side him. Were side by side up until Brooklands where i knew I was faster. 3rd... Nigel took advantage of John being on the wrong foot so he followed me trough. The hunt was on for Rob and Roger. They were fighting and did not see me get closer. Rob passed Roger into Becketts and then it all went wrong. Roger lost it on the curbs and tapped Rob. Seeing that I had nothing to do with the incident I blew passed them. BUT, so did Nigel... 1st for me, 2nd for Nigel. What followed then was a 10 lap hard fight between Nigel and me. Very clean and very hard! I knew that by lap 10 or so he would have better tyres than me so all I could do was drive very defensively which made my tyres go off even more. Watch the replay for the super battle we had. On lap 14 I regret to say it went wrong. Nigel got a better drive out of Becketts which put him beside me going into Brooklands. I had positioned my car so that he had to take the outside of the corner. Giving eachother room to race I steered just that bit to much and lost the rear a bit. Upon correcting I touched his car. It wasn't a hard hit, but being on the limit it made him spin. It was clearly down to me, so I waited for him to get going again. Rob, the cheaky devil, passed me while I was waiting for Nigel to recover. 3rd. From then on it was a done race. I was 3rd and didn't have enough time to catch and get past Rob. 1st, Nigel, 2nd Rob, 3rd me (Roy).

I know this is a long post, but to cut a long story short, GREAT 2 RACES GUYS!!! Glad I found this championship.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

BTW, anyone need the replays?

18. Nigel Middleton

Nice report Roy.

Long posts like that is what we like to see, makes the forum come alive.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nigel Middleton

Yeah put replay up Roy :) Thanks

20. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Will do. BTW, very clean racing there mate! Loved it

• Like Like x 1