Automobilista 2 Round 5 Azure Circuit

Discussion in 'AMS2 1974 Porsche Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

pcr5.jpg

If you live in north America the time of this race will be 20:00 GMT but 1 hour later due to the US moving to daylight savings time on 3/14/2022.
    Euro makes the move 2 weeks later so your euro race time will be the same, 20:00 GMT..
    After this all races will be at 19:00 GMT ​

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  2. Rob Milliken

Man, if you thought Bathurst was crazy :eek: This place is a true test of Sanity!~:rolleyes::D
    No Balls, No Glory here :p
    Race Day PW set on the Champ page!

3. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

I'm confused, I'm in US and it says 20:00 GMT on my info

4. Rob Milliken

Yes, its confusing ... its one hour later than normal for us today only :eek::D until euro time zone moves to DST(this coming Sunday night at midnight) .. next round is set for 19:00 GMT for everyone ..

5. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

So about in 30min but nobody is on server?

6. Rob Milliken

Practice starts in 30 min race in 1hr:30 min..

7. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

ok. but it will be 20:00 gmt then

8. Rob Milliken

Yes ..lol I messed that up :eek:.. see I told you it was confusing lol.
    I fixed the first post ..

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Ok the server is live in P1 now!

10. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Huge screen freeze on L1 again.. none in practice. I guess there's no way to turn off replays either.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Well that was the hardest fought race I have ever had, My race to win but messed it at T1, to be honest I wouldn't have won anyway as I had a massive freeze on the first lap again, the same as @Scott Ring . I don't know where the problem is but I cant risk a Freeze in case I plough in to some one, so if I cant sort it I will have to pull out of the server. Frustrating.
    Davide drove a great consistent race and got the win, great win and well deserved. congrats.:)
    @Jos Ogos and I fought for 45 mins all the way, and his defending was as good as it gets and there was no way through even if I had more pace. Brilliant drive and real hard fair racing, The only way I could of got past was to be super aggressive but I think it would have been an unfair move.
    We had a few bumps but all fair racing, one hell of a tough car around that track but congrats to all and thx.
    Just a note- I have had no freezes in practice or Quali only the first lap of the race and this has happened every time.:mad: but it never happens on the PC2 servers. strange.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  12. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Oh and if you have the replay @Rob Milliken it would be cool if you could post it up. Thx for all your work.:)

13. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

@Scott Ring do you race in VR or are you getting the freeze on your monitor.

14. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Monitor. Did you just not save replay or some way to turn off ?

15. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

@Scott Ring oh does it auto save .I will have a look.
    Well I race VR and have been getting the exact same first lap freeze for around 5 secs. just wont be able to race any SRO AMS 2 races if i cant sort it.:mad:

16. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

To the other guys on SRO AMS2 races, Does anyone else also get first lap Freezes?

17. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I use VR as well, but have no specific freeze even if the performance is pretty bad in general since AMS2 for some reason don't have proper support the canted pimax displays.

18. Rob Milliken

Yes I have the replay & will get it posted as soon as i get time tonight ( after work, im on my dinner break right now!);)
    In AMS2 you need to SAVE the replays after the race .. once everyone finishes a “Save replay” button appears on the right hand side of the menu & only stays up for about 20 seconds until the session changes so you have to be quick, I don’t think it has anything to do with the screen freezes, & i also did not have any screen freezes, The most common screen freeze situations are caused by packet loss ,Lots of variables to consider, this could come from other ppl on your network streaming videos or shows or internet traffic , wireless connections etc … I have a gigabyte connection & don’t have any freezing so far .. if you have enough bandwidth your packet loss might just be milliseconds & look like a stutter.. its hard to say why it happens & only with certain games as AMS shares the same net code as PC2 its odd .. there’s only one race left for this series so you might try rebooting the modem just before the race and see if that makes a difference?..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 1
  20. Davide Molaro

Davide Molaro Pro Driver

No this time no luckily, at Bathrust yes, always during the first lap.