Round 5 | Bahrain

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The 2017 6 Hours of Bahrain was an endurance sports car racing event held at the Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Bahrain on 16–18 November 2017, and served as the ninth and last race of the 2017 FIA World Endurance Championship. Toyota's Anthony Davidson, Sébastien Buemi and Kazuki Nakajima won the race driving the No. 8 Toyota TS050 Hybridcar.

2017 WEC Hours of Bahrain - Full Race Replay

2. John vd Geest

Weather settings for this race:

[​IMG]

Sunny
    Sky: clear
    Rain change: 0%
    Humidity: 30%
    Temperature: 29 degrees
    Windspeed: 7,2 kph
    Wind direction: east

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  3. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Hi John.
    Im having difficulties downloading this track,. stops on+-80%

4. John vd Geest

5. John vd Geest

6. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

Worked for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Downloaded last night and ran about 20 laps this evening. First time ever running laps on this track and it showed! Going to need lots of practice for this one, especially if I hope to stay ahead in the championship.

Looking forward to another exciting round of racing with everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  8. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

Oh you will come to love Turn 9 & 10!
    Performance wise, it seems like the track is not very well optimized.

9. Lance Link

Lance Link Pro Driver

I gotta say I really enjoyed running laps here. Great track, I have always heard that drivers love it and I would agree. Still got lots to learn. Sector 1 is giving me a rough go as I just can't my line down for going into the S turns. Plenty of time to get it figured out. We should hopefully have a practice room up tonight again and everyone is welcome. SRO practice is normally the name. Same password as SRO practice lobby.

10. Lance Link

Lance Link Pro Driver

Practice Server Up if you guys want to join us. We will be in there shortly.
    Name: Bahrain Practice - SRO
    PW: brooklands

11. Lance Link

Lance Link Pro Driver

Just wanted to report that there are some performance issues guys are seeing on Bahrain. fps drops in spots and that is with just a few guys on track. I was able to remove mine with lower settings but with a full lobby it could be back and worse. I think others are having more issues than me. I have a pretty beefy system so lower systems might even be worse. Just wanted to give heads up so you guys can look for it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

Yep, I also have issues on this track. Just wanted to do a few laps but on several spots the frames drop below 90 on my rift and I run a RTX2080 now...
    I had no such issues on other tracks I tried before with the same settings.
    People with slower cards will definitely have issues here.

13. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I ran in to some stutters yesterday as well with just 2 cars on track. It only happened a couple times during many hours of practicing but can only imagine it will be worse when there is 20+ cars on track.

14. John vd Geest

I am discussing this with the staff right now.
    We are talking about putting a testserver up and let you guys report issue's. If it's bad, be prepaired for a trackchange.
    Still discussing.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

A test server would be a good idea. Honestly, Im not sure why you guys wait until just a few days before the event to put a server up. Having one up right after the previous race would provide more time for groups of us to get on and make sure things will be stable.

16. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO has limited resources and cannot run servers for all series at the same time. Since we run multiple series using multiple simulators, we have to allocate our limited resources appropriately. Server costs are the issue. If donations would increase then we could run more servers and increase the amount of time our practice servers are available. SRO is financed by donations from very few members and the remaining costs are picked up by the owners.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

Where can I donate?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  19. John vd Geest

Testserver is up.

• Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

Possible track change:

Be prepaired for a possible track change due to the problems drivers are experiencing at this track with fps and stutters.
    The decision will be made tomorrow. We can't delay this too long for obvious reasons. People still have today to let us know if the track is giving them problems. Test server is up.

If the track will be changed, it will be to: Malaysia full loop.
    This is a Studio 397 default track, so everybody has it. Most people know the track and driven it and there are no issue's with it. Besides that, it's also a drivers favorite.

Malaysia Steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922034184&searchtext=

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018