rFactor 2 Round 5 Bathurst 2016

Discussion in 'Studio 397 LMP2 & GT3 Endurance Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 3, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Bathurst

Mount Panorama Circuit is a motor racing track located in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia. It is situated on a hill with the dual official names of Mount Panorama and Wahluu[1] and is best known as the home of the Bathurst 1000 motor race held each October, and the Bathurst 12 Hour event held each February. The track is 6.213 km (4 mi) in length, and is technically a street circuit, and is a public road, with normal speed restrictions when no racing events are being run, and there are many residences which can only be accessed from the circuit.

The track has an unusual design by modern standards, with a 174-metre (571 ft) vertical difference between its highest and lowest points, and grades as steep as 1:6.13. From the start-finish line, the track can be viewed in three sections; the short pit straight and then a tight left turn into the long, steep Mountain straight; the tight, narrow section across the top of the mountain itself; and then the long, downhill section of Conrod Straight, with the very fast Chase and the turn back onto pit straight to complete the lap.

Historically, the racetrack has been used for a wide variety of racing categories, including everything from open-wheel racers to motorcycles. However, the factors that make the track so unusual, and tighter modern safety standards, make it unlikely that major race meetings in these categories will be held there again, and as such it has become the near-exclusive province of closed-bodied cars.

As a public road, on non-race days and when it is not closed off during the day as part of a racing event, Mount Panorama is open to the public. Cars can drive in both directions around the circuit for no charge. However, a strict speed limit of 60 km/h (37 mph) is enforced, and police regularly patrol the circuit.

The National Motor Racing Museum is located next to the Mount Panorama Circuit.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

super tight track.

how are the LMP's going to ensure there are no incidents??

last race i had an LMP dive into my driving line mid corner.

3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

It’s gonna be single file over the top of the mountain for sure. Small window to pass at the top but as you say very, very narrow. My goal is just to finish in one piece! Lol

4. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

same here.
    im fearing this race, but not because of the track, but because of the performance difference. love the track

5. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

After watching the video of the race posted, I don't think the guys that made the rF2 track got it right, it looks way wider on the video almost everywhere. In rF2, 2 cars passing is very difficult without fenders rubbing!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

It looks wide on a TV camera, but it looks much narrower from the driver's perspective.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yes the circuit is a public road but also it has what I call the "old style" circuit width. Circuits like Suzuka, Zandvoort, Brands, Nurburgring, etc. are all quite narrow in places and side by side is quite tricky. It's only really modern day circuits where they are now very wide, with huge run-off areas.

I found a sim league vid last night using exactly the same cars as us. Total chaos at the start, 8 of the 12 LMP2's managed to take each other out after turn one, because they tried going three wide! lol

Passing of traffic was mainly in the first sector and on the straights, nothing on the way back downhill, which is understandable. However the GT3's were clearly backing off or braking when they saw a LMP2 in their rear mirrors, which wouldn't help their race much.

The guy who started on pole was brave on his Oreca 07 setup, low drag and 1 on the rear wing. Mind you he was half spinning every 6 or 7 laps, haha :)

8. John vd Geest

Yup, that's the track width I'm getting from my cockpit view.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

10. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

That's wider in real life than in game. I think that going two wide will be very hard, even in straight lines. We'll have to all cooperates. And be patient. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Pit lane limits

You should be aware that the pit limit exit does not start on the white line, but at the pit lane exit lights.
    The pit in limit has no lights and starts on the white line, entering the pits.

Be sure to practise this before the race.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Hi
    are we using track version 2 or 3??
    i have Bathurst_2016_v3 installed, and i see v2 is on our downloads page

13. John vd Geest

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

well i have v3 already,
    had no problems with it.

so i vote V3!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I think many drivers already have v3 and pit entry/exit should be fixed as well (but I have not tried v2), so I vote v3.

16. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Does the helicopter skids still hit the roof of your car?

17. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

18. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

getting error when trying to download v3

19. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I came on to say the server is up but with v2 that's in all the info & the sro data base ..
    so what's going on with this v3 as its not even on the servers yet ..

20. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

server shows 2014 version.i got the v3 of 2016

• Agree Agree x 1