Round 5 Croft

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo 147 GT-R Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Not sure if I'll get back in time for this race, so have good one if I don't :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

3. Ken Jagger

WOW what an entry list!! :eek:
    This race should be awesome. Who said there's no life left in rF1 :p

4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Of course, a 14 of 25 turnout is not a goof rate but still more than we had the series before.

To my race, I never fall in love with Croft, I think the last race I drove there was with the BMW 1series and I just finished on the podium because my car had more power than the ofther cars behind. But this time was way better. This car need some practise but as soon as you found your rythm even the default set up enables some good performance.
    But I had no crack at the three guys in front, even with a pit stop they disappeared. I had a little fight with Csaba but he was probably just too kind to try a divebomb.

Oh and sorry, I tried to avoid the pit exit line but I practise without notice it so I needed some laps to get it right. See at the next one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Despite my rustiness with being away for a couple of weeks, I had an enjoyable race for the most part. I'm not fully at ease with FWD cars and can never seem to get the best out of them, but nevertheless these cars are fun to drive.

As ever, fuel seems to be critical for a no-stop 45m race and for this one my fuel gauge dropped to zero before I completed my final lap, but the engine kept running until I crossed the line. It would be interesting to know how others got on, but I did see Tamas, Jim & Philipp complete a slow-down lap, making 31 laps in total and I didn't think any of them stopped until I checked the replay. I couldn't believe they could run so fast and use less fuel! Now I know why :)

My race was going well until on L8 I had a screen/game freeze which although didn't result in me hitting anything, cost me 15 secs and 3 places. I managed to recover the three places, but lost one again when Ivo tapped me into a spin going into T1, just after I had passed him for 5th position. Grats to him for waiting until I got underway again, but this allowed Andre back through with no more time left for me to catch him again.

Looking ahead to Zolder, it's looking good for Tamas to take the series win, but Csaba has an outside chance if something odd were to happen. Fingers crossed for as good a race there :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Jim told me, that he had high front tyre deg, therefore it seemed to me that he always planned to do a stop. As probably the other two frontrunners.
    But you are right it seems that fuel would also not enough for them, even though I was able to run 31 laps with a full tank and I did no fuel or tyre saving at all. Probably my driving style was ideal to do that or in other words to slow for a stop ;)

• Informative Informative x 1