rFactor 2 Round 5 Daytona RC - Sun Nov 1, 2020

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

Welcome to Round 5 Daytona International Speedway

The track

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

Formation lap procedure

How does each race start?
    1. The race starts by a formation lap
    2. From the second to last corner we go double file
    3. the overall pole-sitter stays ON THE SPEED-LIMITER from that moment on.
    4. Once the polesitter starts the race by crossing the start line, we all go and are free to race.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  3. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

397/steam did a what seemed to be a major update this wednesday, just say'in!

4. John vd Geest

Thanks Darrel, I've updated already
    Waiting for the next update. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

upload_2020-10-27_20-57-59.png

This event will go into the night.

6. Peter Williamson

Peter Williamson Pro Driver

Hi Guys
    Unfortunately going to miss this round, but will hopefully be back for the finale at Watkins Glen! Hope you all have a good race

Pete

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gilles Villeneuve

Gilles Villeneuve Pro Driver

Love the track especially at Night Time. Not sure to make it on time tho we have a lot of traffic jam. Hope to make it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

Sorry guys for I left earlier the race but I've got "drive through" penalty...I served...stay active...served twice...still active.
    I had a great race until this pit "mist" happened :D
    See You next time!
    Thanks to the staff for the organization!

9. Simon Kingsbury

Simon Kingsbury Pro Driver Donator

Really sorry Andrew Harper I was pressing the pedal and getting no where, I saw you coming in the mirror but couldn't get out the way. Sorry!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Are you sure it wasn't a stop & go?

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

thats ok mate. I made a few mistakes in that one, and I kept getting caught up in other people’s dramas as well. I race I could’ve won I think as the car was amazing.

I was trying to repair the car to get to the end but the repairs weren’t working and I couldn’t continue. The dangers of 100% damage unfortunately.

well done to the winners, I forgot to tone the graphics down a little so I was getting quite bad frame stutters during sunset but apart from that a great race.

after my first piece of damage I opted to just stick the engine into qualifying mode and drive the wheels off the thing! Good fun whilst it lasted but I’m mentally shattered. Lol.

12. Balazs Flossmann

Yes, 100% sure.
    Drive through for track cut (car was damaged and couldn't keep on track.)

13. Simon Kingsbury

Simon Kingsbury Pro Driver Donator

I know what you mean mate I ended up driving hard a bent car for the rest of the race which I had good position until I made the mistake, maybe made up another position but anyway on to the finale:)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Balazs Flossmann

I was diving in the forums, communities and I've find there is a bug with DT penalty on this version of Daytona, impossible to serv this penalty.
    So I wasn't n00b...huhh :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Never liked this track. Only 1 corner i like, T1.
    Everyone just run away from me in straights, even had zero wing so was little frustrated about what the heck is going on.
    Had zero interest finishing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

!00 % damage to the front suspension ended my race. I locked up the brakes a few too many times.
    I replaced my G27 with a ThrustMaster PC-Racer Wheel and the LCM adjustable pedals. With the pedals there are quite a few combos of spring arrangements and each one needs a bit getting used to. It is amazing the difference in pressure used when practicing and racing. So I got it wrong. Again.
    Reality check. My G27 failed at the end of April and it took 4 months to get the Thrustmaster and replacements due to the epidemic. Can’t complain as I am still alive and able to drive and again on one of those learning curves. I need more exercise as all the public places I walk are closed down or unsafe. What a world. In the sim world I am my biggest danger. :eek:

17. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Apparently there should be a fix?

From the ISR Formum:

Bernd from the offical S397 board found a way to fix the
    • drive through issue
    • collision issue with the outer walls
    all credits to him.

I just packed everything and uploaded it. Since you are the last resource for this track I know I decided to post it here. If the autor SJ isn't fine with it please let me know.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g8p46h2r63dfa6i/Daytona_Road_Course_v1.27.rfcmp/file

18. Balazs Flossmann

Can't editing my post, please read it to right :D

19. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

You had the Lemans aero package selected in tuning menu? Overall the other GTE had equal top speed to the Ferrari who I had, maybe the Porsche had an tad better but I was on wing P2 so that could make up for that.

20. Balazs Flossmann

I gave it up! "quote" command on wrong place, can't editing :D

• Agree Agree x 1