Round 5 Donington National

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Cup UK Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Does anyone still have the donington GP track mx5 Replay File?

3. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

I ll ask around tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

I have it. How do you want it sending?

5. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

just post it here would be great. many thanks...

6. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

so now is the start time 19.15 gmt or bst or whatever .... ? or is it to the mars time :)))) hell the time difference now 3 hours for me :(((

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

All races are now GMT

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

10. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb Pro Driver

Taken out on lap 1 by someone else's accident … for the 3rd race in a row.

It's bad enough being slow... but when the faster drivers can't make 3 corners before causing an accident that I get caught up in …Again, It makes you wonder if it's worth the effort
    to even turn up ????

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nathan Lockie

Nathan Lockie Pro Driver

Apologies for the no show tonight guys, got the times mixed up with the GT1 league and thought the race started at 8!

12. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

Apologies to Chris Hill for touch but you lost control and i couldnt avoid you, and apologies to Simon Pike. You took me good but then you brake too hard and i was not waiting that from you there. Sorry.
    GRats to winner and all that raced today.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  13. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Stacy just checked the replay. You just got unlucky with a car spinning back on to the track right in front of you. That’s racing, but it’s a pig

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

Sorry Stacy ,I was a passenger by that point ,I am afraid its just shit you were involved, again not your fault.:oops:
    I was on my breaks fully could not do anything to stop it .:eek:
    Your luck has to change soon don't give up!!!:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  15. Frans van der Linden

Frans van der Linden Pro Driver Donator

• Like Like x 5
  16. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Must be really frustrating Stacy but in the end it's just bad luck.
    A bit like Daniel Ricciardo :-S
    But just like Daniel, just turn up for the last race(s)
    At a certain point you just run out of bad luck and a good clean fight can do wonders!

I had a good start and managed to create a gap rather soon. Lost the car almost twice but managed to keep it's nose pointed in the right direction.
    lapped several cars which gave decent amount of room. Hats off for that. Really nice to see that the grid is still large although we're near the end of the season.
    That's something a LOT of other communities should be jealous of.
    See you all at the finale at Silverstone!

Cheers,

Tim

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb Pro Driver

Cheers Guy's,
    I actually surprised myself by rage quitting tonight, that's not my way at all.

See you all for the final round.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

was a good start . unlucky after a few laps i lost the car ,went to the grass and that was the end of my hope to be close to tim and waiting ,hoping for his mistakes , i went from 2.nd to 5th suddenly but after a hard and fair fight with the guys from finnland and at least with frans made it back again to 2.place the last few minutes .i had 10 laps more fuel than needed i saw it in the end of the race bec of my panik to be without fuel and that coast me time i think . 2 mistakes and to be second in the end a big glory day for me. thnx to all and specialy to the ones that made room by blue flag overtaking .. see u at silverstone. hope.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

Donington is great. Extra sad about missing the GP round. Anyway: very enjoyable as usual (though I am seeing Stacy having a terrible accident in my mirror on lap one so often that I am starting to wonder if me looking into the mirror is causing it... woah).

Realised just before the race that I'd been lazily hitting 'last' setup and therefore using the full tank of fuel from Highlands for all my practise and qualifying, so that was fun. Went a bit quicker in the race but still no idea where to find ~1.5s around that track!
    Some scrappy battling was had, three wide into turn one at least three times, but all cleanly and fairly I think. Pretty good race and scraped into the top ten somehow.

Looking forward to Silverstone!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Frans which app are you using top right?