Round 5 Estoril

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Championship 1988 S1 Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'll be away this coming weekend and not likely be back until late Tuesday, so will miss this race. Have fun guys :)

3. Stefano Coletta

Stefano Coletta Pro Driver

a question: it is Catalunya and not Jerez after this?

4. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Should be Jerez

5. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Sorry mates. Have to miss that one. High fever :(

6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hope you get well soon Gerhard

7. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Yeah that was a it of a silly day.
    Just made one mistake on lap 1 because tires were cold and car doesn't stop if you're slightly too fast on that corner and race was pretty much over.
    Had to wait over 30mins to overtake to have some space in front of me. But when I tried to catch up in the last minutes, just went slightly to wide again on a corner where the car doesnt stop anymore and I was trapped on a curb in a way that you coudn't escape it.

Doesn't surprise me that this thing with the curb happened at some point since this seems to be crazy problem with that car or that subpar track-conversions, but whatever, see you next time I hope.

8. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

I had a lot of fun in this first race on this league. Lost my rear wing in an accident and had to do a loooong solo stint after that. Never the less, see y'all next time.

9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Great race, very surprised of my pace in Q and R where eventually lost it but nevertheless end result im pleased with.
    Sorry for Stefano thinking you bombed me at T4 Lap 1!
    Just a Williams came from back and was like "wtf he doesnt do that! Whats wrong with the guy" lol but after the turn
    ended came clear it was the other guy in Williams who drove dangerously to my taste.

Went wide once in race and that was is. My pint was empty and had to steer and shift with stick on right hand and hassle with beers on left hand :D
    After that i pushed abit too hard on some corners which ended up me not managing my tyres not so good, let the temps too high and
    Stefano jettisoned from corners like crazy so was no chance to pass him.
    Dino would have gone pass me. Came so fast from behind in end stages that made my mind allready not to block him at all. Would been no point
    but he had his own hassle i guess ( was gonna push you out of it, but you left allready, was lap late tho, my bad :( ).

10. Stefano Coletta

Stefano Coletta Pro Driver

Grats to Toni and Dino for his qualify and race even with a slower you could win easly. I was hoping to just keep the 3rd place and save tyres but then I tried to stay in front of Toni after his mistake, i felt confident with the car even if not as fast as Dino that I think can make better setups. I think I couldn't do much better, at the end I almost lost the car