rFactor 2 Round 5 Hockenheim 1988 - Sun Nov 7, 2021

Discussion in 'DTM 1991 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

DTM 1991 banner.jpg

Welcome to Hockenheim (1988 track version)

The Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg is a motor racing circuit situated in the Rhine valley near the town of Hockenheim in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, located on the Bertha Benz Memorial Route. Amongst other motor racing events, it has hosted the German Grand Prix, most recently in 2019. The circuit has very little differences in elevation. The circuit has an FIA Grade 1 license.

During the mid-1980s "turbo era" of Formula One where fuel was restricted to either 220 (1984–85), 195 (1986–87) or 150 (1988) litres for races for the turbo powered cars, Hockenheim also saw drivers, including World Champion Alain Prost, at times fail to finish due to simply running out of fuel near the end of the race. Prost ran out at the end of the 1986 race, pushing his McLaren towards the line before giving up. He was placed 3rd when he ran dry and was eventually classified 6th, gaining a valuable championship point that would help him with his second World Championship.

[​IMG]
    The latest version of old Hockenheimring layout (1992-2001)
    Many problems came to light during the 2000 German Grand Prix, which was won by Brazilian driver Rubens Barrichello from having started 18th on the grid. The race finished in changeable weather conditions, with pouring rain in the stadium sector and almost completely dry forest straights. All the overtaking moves that took place during the race were in the chicanes of the forest sector, meaning hardly any spectators saw most of the best action. Midway through the race, a former Mercedes-Benz employee, who had been dismissed, breached the track's security barriers on the first forest straight, showing vulnerable security facilities in the forest and leading to the deployment of the safety car that neutralized a comfortable lead for the two Mercedes-powered McLarens. Later on, French driver Jean Alesi collided with Brazilian Pedro Diniz in the braking zone for the third chicane and his car spun uncontrollably down the track, which caused him to suffer dizziness for three days.

These events prompted much protest from the FIA to greatly improve spectator viewing, safety, and security at the track, as it had become clear that the track was no longer suited to modern Formula One racing.

Race starts at 30:18

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  2. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

3. John vd Geest

4. John vd Geest

5. John vd Geest

6. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Last time I was on this track was when we were all playing GTR 2 at R2P. Holy smokes, the memories.
    Edit:. Maybe this is the old circuit but still. Good times with a lot of you here back then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

HELP I need HELP!!!

Try as I might I cannot get up to the speed limit of 249mph in the pit lane. I've tried and tried but can only manage a paltry 90mph :(

Does anyone have any ideas of what I'm doing wrong. All I can think of is to add quad turbos and a bit of NOS, or maybe swap out for a jet engine ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. can someone advise which track to download. I clicked the link from the series page and it takes me to a steam page with F1 1986 & 1988 , but after subscribing I can’t get on the server as it says theres a problem with the mod?

9. John vd Geest

It's the 1988 version. I will look into it tonight.

10. Thanks John, I did try both the ‘86 & ‘88 versions, but got the same error. Loads up fine “off line”?

not sure whether it’s relevant, but prior to launching RF2 last night Steam performed an update?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

You're picking the wrong car Paul. You have to pick the Bugatti SS when you're picking the cars. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Try it now Chris.
    I was running the old F1 1988 by carrera.4 on the server.
    We are running the updated version by oliver-ray: F1 1988 mod

13. I’ll give it a try when I get chance thanks John, won’t be in tonight, but I’ll keep you posted, but the Oliver-Ray version is what I downloaded (or subscribed to) so that may be the answer. Although I noted there had been some timing posted on the server already.

14. John vd Geest

They also have the old F1 1988 version installed :)

15. …that’ll be why then!. Thanks for your help John

• Like Like x 1
  16. Managed to log on before I go out, logged on fine and all working:).. Cheers John

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dmitri Buksha

Dmitri Buksha Pro Driver

just saw an info
    Weather : always dry
    why so !? dont you want to have some fun ?)

18. I really find these sims frustrating. Haven’t used the pc since quickly logging on to the server on Wednesday, just loaded it up this afternoon to find that it now doesn’t recognise my wheel and pedals! A wh9le hour later, I’m still struggling, the amount of hours lost to just get the sim functioning in order to get some practice in is just too frustrating for me. I’ll therefore not be competing in tonight’s race. Have a good one guys.

19. John vd Geest

Sorry to hear it Chris. There hasn't been a rF2 update and we're still driving the same mod version. So I don't know why the detection would have changed for you.

20. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

That sux Chris, frikin PC's :eek:o_O .. Computers are a lot like boats, the worse thing you can do is let them sit :D keep them running every day and they last a lot longer.. let them sit & it all goes to hell ..lol (20 years of running a charter boat taught me that lol:rolleyes:) hope you get it sorted!

• Like Like x 1