Assetto Corsa Round 5 Imola

Discussion in 'Lotus Evora GTC Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I won't make this race due to being away on holiday, so please use the Vote system to start Qual on time.
    Have a good race :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up guys ! (and its the right mod this time ) :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

4. Mark Cinderby

Mark Cinderby Pro Driver

Sadly only five racers including me....Summer hols I guess! Finished P2 even after a lengthy pit stop due to no fuel with 5 mins to go. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Pedals stopped working just before race, joined back later after fix but couple laps later same problem hits again...

6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Whoever these nicknames slipknotted & Dmonlord belong to post who you are, We need your names to process the race result.

Please read 2.1 Account and Player HERE

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  7. Ignacio Polo

Ignacio Polo SRO Member

I dont think ill be back after imola so dont bother

8. Nigel Middleton

Can you explain why, and which nickname are you using.

9. Ignacio Polo

Ignacio Polo SRO Member

Because its just like racing in a public server, only with time constraints

People voting to jump sessions when there is 1:30 hours left, punting in qualy, driving you off track on lap one

Sorry but I don't know who would want an hour of that, at least public servers are 4-7 laps and done

Last race there was no server even tho I warned about it the day before, but people decided to ignore it until 30 minutes before the race, and now this

Should I go on or is it enough for not wanting to return?

10. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Actually quali started 10 minutes late, if you bother to check race info it´s there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ignacio Polo

Ignacio Polo SRO Member

Yeah, your communication skills on the in-game chat were amazing, thats what confused me

Ever wondered why you were only 3 peoole racing when there are like 11 people registered? You have the same organization as a public server, the only difference is the password to join (if you remember to set the server at all)

No benefit and extra troubles, sign me out

12. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Due to being away for a couple of weeks, I'm not aware of what actually transpired in this race, so can't comment on everything. As far as Punting is concerned we have Rules and Regulations which cover that, so if you choose not to use the right to protest then that's your choice. That's definitely not an option you get on public servers.

As regards the previous race in the series, the server was actually running a few days before, but the problem was the wrong car mod had been selected and we didn't realise that until it was too late to rectify in time for the scheduled start. This incident has acted as a catalyst to the Admin Team to put more robust capabilities in place to try and ensure it doesn't happen in future. I did apologise for that mistake at the time in the Series Forum https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/round-4-poznan.2732/.

We believe at SRO that we make very few mistakes in our management of the series we run, so to focus on just one error and use it as a part-reason not to race here is I feel rather groundless. That race in discussion (Poznan) has been added to the end of the series.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  13. Nigel Middleton

We all make mistakes even though we all try not to but from time time they will happen. I think you better go race on a public server.
    This discussion is closed.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

FFS, show some respect for the rules and the people who make sure we can race here!
    If there is an issue, send a PM to the steward or the admin who was running the race. And try to stay polite!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.