Round 5 Knockhill

Discussion in 'AC TCR Championship Closed' started by Roy Cop, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Post your questions and comments here

2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Server is up and running. All cars assigned and standard password is working. Now get some laps in guys.

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Can You all try to go on the server and make sure it works for you.
    If anyone has an issue, let us know

4. James Bird

James Bird Pro Driver

Hi Roy, I have an error with the server... 'car seat leon tcr is missing'. Has it been added to the car pack or is it a server problem?, thanks.

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

There should be no Seat Leon TCR in the pack.
    Apparently there are some issues with the track file. Will have to do some more testing tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  6. James Bird

James Bird Pro Driver

I redirected from content manager (get missing car) to race department and got the missing car and I can join the server fine now. It is the :
    Seat Leon TCR - 2018 V1.7
    Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  7. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

This track takes the joy out of sim racing. :(

8. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Say what now? It is a daunting track, yes. But get it right and it gives you a good warm feeling inside ;)

9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

10. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Let's talk TRACKLIMITS
    There is on this track one spot where tracklimits might be a "grey" area. The following will make it clear
    USE CREWCHIEF! It's mandatory. It will tell you when you've crossed the line. However, since in a replay it will still be unclear, here are a couple of pics to clarify things.
    Basicly you need to have 2 wheel to the left of the red sausage curb at all times.

Allowed
    upload_2019-10-26_16-27-58.png

Not allowed

upload_2019-10-26_16-28-21.png

11. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

I stand by my earlier statement.

Neil, infinite apologies for being part of the problem in both of your incidents. In race 1, you left me all the room in the world on the inside of T1, but when I turned the wheel, the car just went straight. It's a "racing incident" but I can't help but feel responsible for putting the car in that impossible position, so I wanted to get out in front of that situation and apologize anyway. In race 2 we ended up as a bunch of billiard balls in T1 and unfortunately it was my bumper tagging yours again. This was even less my fault but I still feel bad that it was my bumper knocking you off track, even though I was no longer in control at that point.

If there was a highlight from this weekend, it would be my battle with Martin in race 2 (before I ate sand and threw it away), and... well, this:
    Screenshot_tcr_focus_v2_knockhill2017_26-10-119-17-30-41.jpg

Screenshot_tcr_focus_v2_knockhill2017_26-10-119-17-30-4.jpg Screenshot_tcr_focus_v2_knockhill2017_26-10-119-17-29-52.jpg Screenshot_tcr_focus_v2_knockhill2017_26-10-119-17-29-34.jpg Screenshot_tcr_focus_v2_knockhill2017_26-10-119-17-29-5.jpg

I did stream this race but I expected it would be me getting angry at Knockhill and myself for 55 minutes, so I didn't post a link beforehand. I turned out to be largely correct. Thanks to everyone who joined the stream chat.

Congrats to the folks who managed to be fast. I'm looking forward to the finale at Brands for one last chance to redeem myself.

12. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Race report

Free Practise;
    Going in this one unprepared from the get go it was clear my setup was far from perfect. So the little time I had was spend on finding a setup because a few people were very fast around here.

Quali;

My goal for this on was to get on the front row. Allas it was not to be. For some reason the quali setup did not work for me. I can't say I was blocked or hampered by anyone, so it was all down to me not being good enough :( Alex however was on song again and took pole with position 2, 3 & 4 only separated by 0.045 seconds :eek:
    Ploe Alex, 2nd James Bird, 3rd Martin James

Race 1;
    Having to start from the second row I was not pleased at all. As luck would have it, I had a good start and was able to come out of the first corner complex in 3rd. TBC

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019