Automobilista Round 5 Monaco

Discussion in 'Mini Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Just to note that track has a fundamental issue as the anti-cut isn't working at all. You can cut all chicanes even at full throttle with no warnings or penalties. :eek:

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

As for all our events at SRO, we do not rely only on any in-game track cutting monitoring program code. All members should adhere to Rule 2.7 regarding track excursions https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/t...ne-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/#post-845

Do not expect to get away penalty-free if you abuse this rule.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Sorry I was late home and missed this one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to Csaba and everyone who finished!

The race in Monaco is usually sealed with the starting grid, so basically when I couldn't pass Csaba in the first corner of the first lap, I knew before hand the result was sealed. :cool:

Tried succesfully to follow him for about half an hour, then I pushed to the limits and beyond, not making a pass attempt but forcing him to push also to the limits, searching an error that could make my day. But he was super focused today, and the lap after I did the fastest lap I tried to push even harder and crashed against the wall, destroying my steering. :D

With all my hopes gone, my last 10 minutes was damage limitation, trying to maintain the gap to Fabricio, who I think also had damage in his car. At the end Csaba relaxed a little bit and I approached again (maybe he damaged his car also?) but wasn't enough.

Let's see in the last race, I think it's going to be a nice one! :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Typical Monaco race for me, as Ramon said qualifying an the start were the most important of the race. I managed to set the fourth fastest time. My start was than far from ideal, I shifted too early into second gear and Jens was alongside into the first turn. I got the better exit and defended my position. From then on Jens put some pressure on me and suddenly scared me like hell. He hit the wall into the rascasse and I was frightened and distraced as I heard the resulting sound.

But I held on and found my rythm, finished fourth in an unspectacular fashion. Big gap to third and fifth.
    Congrats Csaba. I´m set to finish third in the championship but the battle for the title is still on. I whish both (Csaba and Ramon) good luck ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fabricio Lourenço

Fabricio Lourenço Pro Driver

I hit the car at the start of the race and lost concentration. was not maintaining a good consistency ...
    but in the last half I already adapted with the car and managed to keep a good distance from Philipp and tried to approach in the Ramon, but without success

but overall it was a good race! congratulations to all of you

• Like Like x 3