Round 5 Mugello - Sun Mar 8, 2020

Discussion in 'Porsche GT3 Cup challenge (S397) Closed' started by John vd Geest, Oct 27, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the Mugello Circuit

Mugello Circuit (Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello) is a race track in Scarperia e San Piero, Tuscany, Italy. Its length is 5.245 km (3.259 mi). It has 14 turns and a long straight (1.141 km (1,247.813 yd)). The circuit stadium stands have a capacity of 50,000.

Grand Prix motorcycle racing host an annual event here (MotoGP and smaller classes). Also, the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters hold an annual event. The track is property of Scuderia Ferrari which uses it for Formula One testing.

The present-day closed Mugello circuit was constructed in 1973 and opened in 1974, about five km east from the easternmost part of the original road circuit.

The circuit was used over 1–3 May, for the in-season test during the 2012 Formula One season, by all teams except HRT. The track was praised by Mark Webber, who stated that he "did 10 dry laps today around Mugello, which is the same as doing 1000 laps around Abu Dhabi track in terms of satisfaction".[4] Four-time Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel was impressed too, saying that “unfortunately we don’t have this track on the calendar. It’s an incredible circuit with a lot of high-speed corners”. It holds a grade 1 FIA license, meaning it meets the standards to host a Formula 1 race. An unofficial track record of 1:21.035 was set by Romain Grosjean during the test.

Onboard Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Mugello Circuit ANDREA RUSSO

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up.

3. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I have a problem with this track where the white lines at track limit blinks on/off all the time, quite annoying and distracting.
    Anyone else have this issue and find an fix for it? Have tried track detail low to high, no difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. John vd Geest

I tested the track before using it and did not experience that. I wonder if anyone else has the same issue.
    Can more people please comment on this, if they have issue's with the above or not?

5. I have the same issue as Jens, white lines at the sides keep disappearing/appearing

6. Just been on the practice server.........impressive time Paul Anstey! I’ve at least found a setup that I’m happy with, but don’t know where Paul finds the extra seconds!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  7. John vd Geest

Any more people?

8. John vd Geest

I fell with my bike on an ice patch and injured my knee and ankle so I can't join for the race. But I will get the race going for you all.

9. Shame John, I wish you a speedy recovery.

10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can't make the race today have fun.

11. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hope your knee gets better soon John.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Thank you :)

13. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

I've got the same issue with the track edge lines disappearing/reappearing. It's completely distracting, no way I can race like that, they blink in and out at various places constantly on every lap.
    Thought maybe cranking track detail to 'full' would maybe fix it, but see above that maybe that won't work either. :(

It's definitely a track issue...as seen in this link (change log in opening post) it's purported the disappearing/reappearing lines were 'fixed'...but I think we're on 1.1v, not 1.11v?
    http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=4664.0

14. John vd Geest

Oke, I'm gonna replace the track version to 1.11.
    I'll get back here when it's done.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Will that mean we need to download the new version and re-install?

16. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Thanks a ton, John! I was just about to drop out because of the issue (sorry, just can't do with those disappearing lines..hard on eyes)
    Happy now!

And yes, Chris, that means we'll have to d/l and install the new version.
    Purge old version first, save any potential troubles. Should be a quick fix sort of deal.

17. Jason, if I understand correctly, do you mean a manual delete of the track files before installing the new one, as I’m not sure there’s an option to uninstall a track from within the sim (I’m running the beta with the updated interface)? Just hoping nothing goes wrong during the process so close to race time

18. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

You may get away with simply installing the new one over it and allowing it to overwrite whatever it needs.

I'll personally go delete the current install, then purge anything related to it (just for safety)...so I go into "packages"...get rid of that file. Go into "installed"....find the track, get rid of it there.
    That should be enough.

In the launcher (not with new UI though) I can go into packages there and 'uninstall' it that way as well, but just as easy to go manually purge it if you know your way around your rF2 install.
    Like I said though, may get away with just installing the new one, worry with the old one later. Different name, shouldn't cause issue (this is rF2 though, so I guarantee nothing...:D)

19. Cheers fella, hoping I have the time if anything goes wrong, as I’ll be out until about 6:30 this evening

20. John vd Geest

Track update

There has been a track update to Mugello 1.11
    Please delete the old track V1.1 and install this version:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/mugello-autodromo-internazionale.609/

I saw no flickering lines on this track version, so we should be good now.
    The server has been re-configured with the new track version.
    If necessary, uninstall / delete the old Vmod "rF2 Porsche Cup R5" in your content list.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1