Round 5 Oulton Park International

Discussion in 'ACD Endurance Cup UK Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

@Toni Talvitie - thanks for posting your setup :) Seems much more stable than the one I had and also makes me a bit faster. Nevertheless no chance to be even close to your times ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

what a race :)
    qualy - not the best one. I was just few minutes before start of qualy 1s better. I finish at 3rd place
    race - I overheated engine at the start, so I had to be careful first turns. anyway I was at 2nd place and it looked as safe place with gap behind and fast Toni in front. But I was a bit nervous and not focused enough and lost the grip. Unfortunately I went over high curb which torn half of my car away :) I was lucky that I can even go to pit. I lost one lap to Tony and had the rest of field slightly behind me. I started to catch all as much as I could. Was even catching Tony who maybe red a book or watched movie along driving :D Then he started to race again and disappeared in front. As the end of race approaching I was also approaching Ken who was third. But again I made some mistakes and was at too big distance. just two laps till the end I approached David, who was meanwhile overtaken by Ken.. I thought it is finish and I will end 4th jut behind him, but fortunately (for me :p) there was one more lap and I was able to overtake David and also Ken made mistake and I ended at 2nd place at the end.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

A mixed race for me after surprisingly grabbing 2nd in Qual. A poor start dropped me back to 5th by T1 and then I wasn't concentrating going down the hill to T3 ending up running wide, hitting a hidden hole at the side of the track. By the time I got going again I was last!!
    After making up the ground on the P3's I ended up in 3rd, after Zsolt had a problem I think, but then I lost focus whilst talking to Team mate Ed Jones going into T4 and ran wide into the barriers. Set off again with some more damage, fortunately not enough to require a pit stop and worked back up to 3rd but with a 30 secs gap to David. I was slowly catching him, thinking maybe he had tyre problems, but then 4-5 laps from the end the gap came down big-time and I passed him with a couple of laps to go. But then I realised my fuel was unlikely to make it and I was wishing for Tony to back off and not do another lap. Guess what? He had a lap on everyone but decided to do another lap with only 20 secs on the clock!

I started the final lap with not enough fuel to complete it, so was dipping the clutch pedal to coast and ended up running wide again at T4 on the last lap which let Patrik through into 2nd. Coming out of the final turn I ran out of fuel and coasted at 15mph across the line, fortunately not losing any more places. Talk about a lucky podium :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bubán Dávid

Bubán Dávid Pro Driver

That race was hard.

On quali I had a little lock up in t
    the last turn and Klaus overtook me. Sadly I got stu
    n stuck behind him and because of the narrow track I can't pass him. And an another P3 car came behind me on quick lap so I needed to push while give myself some space in front of me. Sadly my tyres went wrong. But aat least I did a lap to make myself in frofront of the P3 cars and 0.3 brhind the 3rd place.

The race itself... I took the 2nd place and hold it nearly 5-6 laps before finish when I had a massive lock up and made my left front flat. This was when Ken came back to about 10 secs. And after that I needed to lift and coast too much because the nice yellow icon flashed up. And then Ken overtook me. I tried to hold the 3rd place after that and I was really hopeful that after the clock showed 0:00 we will finish. Sadly there was a plus lap and only had 0.4L of fuel. After T2 I run out of fuel and had to give it up. After all I finished in 5th place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Had a good run but was hard one.
    I wasnt reading a book, was strugling to stay on track!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1