rFactor 2 Round 5 Oulton Park

Discussion in 'Historic F3 Challenge Closed' started by Sean Devlin, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Which track version will we be using at Oulton Park?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

We'll be using the Island layout for this race.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Jari Bruppacher

Jari Bruppacher Pro Driver Donator

I know I am often whining about the track versions used, but in my opinion the historical layout without the chicanes represents the era of these cars a lot better. As this is how the track was back then. The Island layout ommits the two best corners on the track in my opinion, which are the Island Bend and Knickerbrook. So I would ask you to rethink that decision ;-)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Thanks for you comments Jari, always appreciated as usual :)
    However this series is primarily about the cars and not the tracks used. The Island layout was chosen as it has been little used at SRO and as the saying goes 'Variety is the Spice of Life'. I hope you still turn up for this one as it's always a pleasure to have you racing with us.

5. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Thanks Ken. Need to get some practice in as i had little or none for the other races I entered. Is there any car setup files on this or other web site for the Eve F3. Im finding these cars a real Challenge to get any sort of decent balance.

6. Ken Jagger

Most of the car setups you'll find by searching the Internet will be out of date now, following the many changes to the rF2 tyre model over the last year or so.

I found that since the last couple of rF2 updates to the tyre model, I personally felt the balance of these Historic cars was much better, which meant I had more confidence in knowing what the car would do in response to my steering/throttle/braking inputs. Having said that, there is no way I can achieve what Michal Mazurek does with them and I accept that and don't try to find the "silver bullet" to make me 1 sec/lap quicker :)
    My belief is that with these cars, you need to adopt a different driving style, which relates to the Era they come from. It doesn't seem correct to try and drive them like modern OW cars which have much better tyres & braking systems. So in my mind that means adopting a Slower in, Faster Out driving style, which could be the problem for some guys who find it hard to change the normal driving habits they use with more modern cars. Although it does seem that it is possible to get away with it in some cases, just watch Zac Bremner's driving on the replay's for one! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

it seems that I come from a different era :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

Server is up

9. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The 2 Oulton Park races will be broadcasted.

Just like Zandvoort, the 2 Oulton Park races will be broadcasted as a test run for the rF2 Endurance Pack series.

Thanks to Gerhard Hofmann for providing the opportunity.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

I hope to be there later on and enjoy this amazing series!

11. Jari Bruppacher

Yes I understand this. To me personally, the track is more important then the car. When I did JBRacing, I literally spent hours deciding which track would be the best to run with these cars. But I guess it's a different philosophy.

While I of course would rather run the other version, I surely will be there as I guess these races will still be nice. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jari Bruppacher

By the way, a little throw back to when we used to race this track in R2P ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Live Stream

• Like Like x 4
  14. Nigel Middleton

I switched the Imola server off this is what was being said in the chat.

Stephane Rouault Matheus, someone is running an imola server in quali with your raceview plugin
    Stephane Rouault messing up the timing here

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  15. Zac Bremner

Zac Bremner Pro Driver

Anyone got a replay of the second race? mine definitely isn't corrupted from an alt-f4

16. Nigel Middleton

Will get the replay up tomorrow Zac.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

R1 sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...
    lap 12
    after contact with John, I wanted to let him pass, I did not look in the mirror and I took someone's road, then there was a chain reaction ...
    my fault, my fault, my great fault
    I'm sorry again

R2 it was ok

18. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Sorry Brian (latter edit: saw the recorded stream now and everything was OK), I hope I didn't "take you with me" when my computer crash in R2.
    My old graphic card just died. I have a spare one from my CrossFire and ... finger crossed :)
    For me was a good race, in R1 finished second with the bad luck of other drivers and in R2 when my comp died I was on fifth with Ken hunting me.
    It was fun and demanding. Very nice series.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. John vd Geest

Sorry to the guy I punted in the first race in the hairpin. I missed my brakemark because it's so hard to see where it is. Tried to avoid you, but I just nicked your rearwheel.

20. John vd Geest

Yeah, I tried to leave some room on the apex Michal. Just a misunderstanding. No problem.