rFactor 2 Round 5 Portland

Discussion in 'USF 2000 Road to Indy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 27, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

SOS - i cannot join the server.
    Error trying to install the mod. Try manual installation

3. Ken Jagger

Check the content/packages inside rF2 and try uninstalling/deleting any mods beginning with "USF...". Then join the server again.

4. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Looks like the end of the road for me too. Nothing I got has fixed my install yet.

5. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

Can't join too! same mistake already deleted everything and installed again. nothing works

6. Ken Jagger

You don't install the mods I'm referring to, they are the server rfmod/vmod which is downloaded when you join the server.

7. Gerhard Hofmann

I could Not fix it either. I took my old pc where it still works. :confused:

8. Ricardo Ferreira

I know. Don't work for some reason.

9. Ken Jagger

I see on the server that both Michael Schmiedel & Kostas Kantzouras both appeared to have either joined or tried to join the server. Can both of you guys say whether you got on it OK or also had a problem?

10. Ken Jagger

In your ..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64 folder, run the ModMgr.exe program and check if you have the following files installed and check the versions also match.

USF 2000 Portland vmods.jpg
    USF 2000 Portland vmods 2.jpg

11. Ken Jagger

I may have the found the problem. My rF2 client install also has a v1.06 update for Portland, but the SRO server didn't have it. I'm updating it now, so give it a try in 10 mins and see if it now works for you all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gerhard Hofmann

good job Ken, now it works, thanks a lot!!!!
    to all mates out there: this is a good example how big Kens duties are here:
    he is planing, checking and organising all small details:
    for that we owe him thanks and respect :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ricardo Ferreira

Well good race. P1 and P2.
    Race 1 I had big luck, setup was quite hard to drive, no pace.
    Race 2 Much better setup, but @Toni Talvitie was stronger.

WD guys look forward.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Race 1 so much events and errors. Start was bad and then someone got outside and started losing it and hit me so i spun. Happens and tbh I was there because of my own bad start.
    Nevertheless made good comeback only to run out of track. It happens had fun tho.

Race 2 i put little softer setup to give little grip, maybe. Atleast it felt more comfortable and wanted to just make sure I finish without errors.
    Had good stint.

ty all o/

• Like Like x 1
  15. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I made far too many mistakes today. I think @Ricardo Ferreira has won the championship, but I'll keep fighting to the end just in case.
    Congrats Ricardo and Toni for the wins

• Like Like x 2