Assetto Corsa Round 5 Riverside Nascar - Mon Apr 26, 2021

Discussion in 'Lola T70 MarkII Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 30, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-1-30_14-3-49.png

Welcome to round 5 Riverside Nascar

Riverside International Raceway (sometimes known as Riverside, RIR, or Riverside Raceway) was a motorsports race track and road course established in the Edgemont area of Riverside County, California, just east of the city limits of Riverside and 50 miles east of Los Angeles, in 1957. In 1984, the raceway became part of the newly incorporated city of Moreno Valley. Riverside was noted for its hot, dusty environment and for being a somewhat complicated and dangerous track for drivers. It was also considered one of the finest tracks in the United States.

The track was in operation from September 22, 1957, to July 2, 1989, with the last race, The Budweiser 400, won by Rusty Wallace, held in 1988. After that final race, a shortened version of the circuit was kept open for car clubs and special events until 1989.

Riverside 1967

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stefan Lagodin

Stefan Lagodin Pro Driver

I also am away when this round is hosted sadly. Good luck all.

3. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

Can we get the server up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. John vd Geest

upload_2021-4-22_14-6-15.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

i'm all for a new improved version, great as the car is :)

7. Laurent Londes

Me too! I haven't practiced so there is nothing to throw away.

8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I'm happy that the mod has been updated as it was plain wrong in a couple aspects imho, despite its great quality overall ! I didn't try it but it looks to be a nice improvement.

Still I'm really baffled about using it for monday, maybe even for the rest of the series. It would be a pretty different car, for the best I'm sure, but we'll lose our points of reference. I don't know if it would be a good idea as we pretty much don't have enough time to try it and vote for a swap or not before monday..

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson Pro Driver

This new version, does not replace the old one. You can have both installed together. The Ford still has softer power delivery, still more comfortable but, the Chevy doesn't hate my driving (as much). I can make more, back to back, laps now. I was about 2 seconds faster in the Chevy, than the Ford.

Someone with a clue would be able to close/open these differences.

I forgot to mention :oops: my laps were at Riverside Long...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  10. John vd Geest

That's good news for those who want to test it.

But we're not going to update the mod 2 races from the end. We'll save that for a potential new Lola series.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Laurent Londes

Teams update their cars during the season.. drivers have to adapt to the changes as well. Kind of the same isn't it? :cool:

12. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Would agree but we're two races from the end and I'd rather not.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Laurent Londes

I had a lot of stuttering practicing at Riverside yesterday in VR. Is this track badly optimised? It's from Lilski but also old.. hope it gets better, it was nearly undriveable with only 3 cars on the server :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Hi, fellas! I should be good to go for this round. Looking forward to it. Have practiced offline and have joined the pre-race server. However, I've run into a glitch today. I always compete with the steering wheel shown c/w driver arms but as of today, they have vanished. I've changed nothing in the graphics menu. Any suggestions as to how to get them back? Thanks.

Doni

15. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

You sure not being in the dashboard view in place of driver view ? Circle through F1 to check it.

16. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Yes, that was the problem, Maxime. All good now. I'm such a newb with AC.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

No stutters for me in VR here but there wasn’t anyone else on track. But have raced here before in vr without problems.

18. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

RACE DAY! Just on the server with the race password. I'm good to go!
    Thanks again to Maxime for getting me straight on the driver view.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

We'll be live here!

20. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

• Like Like x 3