Project Cars 2 Round 5 Ruapuna

Discussion in 'X-Bow GT4 World Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 27, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The server will be online approximately 2 hrs before Qualifying starts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Edit to the above.

The server is actually already up and running, so can be used anytime for practice. The server pwd will be reset for the race approximately 2hrs before Qualifying.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

First off my apologies to Stefan, we made contact soon in to the race which was my fault, exit on to the start finish straight and the car drifted too wide. really sorry for that Stefan.
    What a tough and close race, congrats to Gerhard, and Bjorn , brilliant driving, i just couldn't get past, sorry that victor got booted I think he would have been right in the mix, also Don I was racing for some time and we were both closing on the front guys. then I finally made it past.and then was on the hunt for Gerhard and Bjorn, I had the pace but just couldn't get the move done on Bjorn. great defending.
    My thanks to all , really enjoyed a good race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Julian I doubt that a protest will be raised for this incident, as I know the guys racing in this series are not the type to throw their Teddy out of the pram at every opportunity, but I need to remind you of our rule on punting https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/#post-848.

By rights you should've done a D/T, although I accept the replay showed you did slow and wait to see if Stefan could recover his position ahead of you. I think taking the D/T would've gone a long way towards apologising for that mistake.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Great racing mates, thank you all, especially Ken, who did his best to setup this strange PC2 server.
    Lucky win for me, Julian and Björn were faster than me. It seems that i was the only driver without an
    significant mistake.
    Once more thanks to my teammate Björn, i hope i can give back soon your support and your generosity.
    Only bad point this evening: Viktors disconnect, its a shame, he had great pace and could have run for P1.
    Keep on digging neighbour, your races will come soon.
    Cu all at the last round, championship is still open.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

I really did try to pass a couple off times, but just couldn´t get enough momentum to do so.:rolleyes:
    But its hard to lay behind for so long, and not do any stupid move :mad:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to both Gerhard and Julian another hard race for us.
    And also Brian not to far behind, just lurps for a meal ;)
    Sorry for Victor:(
    My race was real step forward on this track/car combo.
    Had a 6 sec solid gap so I thought , until I lost the car two!!! times in the hairpin
    and had to let Gerhard pass coming on from the grass. :mad::mad::mad:
    Great win mate :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver

Congrats to Gerhard for the win. I had a great start again from 5th to second by the first corner, A touch at the hairpin spun on the first lap took me out and put me in last position.
    I managed to fight back to finish 4th after a great fight with Julian. Kept up with the top three waiting for a spill or spin ;). Great racing again and looking forward to the next race. Great bunch of guys and good close fair racing. :)

• Like Like x 5
  9. Ken Jagger

Since my strong race at Dubai, I seem to have gone off the boil with these cars. When I was 2 secs+ slower in pre-qual practice I knew it would be a hard slog for a decent position. Somehow I managed to pull a decent time in Qual for 4th on the grid, so there was a small ray of hope for a mid field finish. Once Brian had recovered and raced past (he seemed to be so much quicker on the pit straight :eek:) I settled in for the run to the chequered.

But entering the left turn in the middle of the circuit, I was glancing at the timing gap back to Jose & Rob and blew the entry, running onto the grass and before I could orientate myself I was re-joining the track surface directly behind the front 4 o_O:mad:. So I couldn't go back to where I went off and I got a -1L penalty when the lap time was (correctly) not recorded. This dropped me back behind Jose/Rob and left me with a lonely ride to the end.

Grats to Gerhard, Bjorn, Julian & Brian on very strong drives on this never used before track. Let's see how the final race at Willow Springs, another unused track I think (?) plays out for the series podium places. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1