Assetto Corsa Round 5 Sebring

Discussion in 'Porsche 718 Spyder RS Classic Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

On the server this AM to cut a few laps. I did some considerable time offline prior to. As usual, I find the AC graphics so overpowering that it's difficult to know where to place the car. Lighting seems critical for me to be able to see markers. Managed a 2m50s effort. Does that scare anyone? Didn't think so. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Doni.

what do you mean AC graphics are overpowering?
    i find it too "pastel"
    have you scrolled thru the Post Processing options?

4. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Hello, Karl. I've never addressed the 'Post Processing' features as way, way back when I first purchased AC, I came across a post from someone, somewhere warning against fooling about with this. Could lead to troubles of an unspecified nature. Taking the plunge yesterday, I accessed the options and tried some adjustments. Goodness me! There's a lot of them! Far from being finished with this, I can at least say now that I can distinguish much better the differential between road and grass at Sebring. Previously, it was a guess. Thanks for the headsup on this! :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

No problem.

Yes, i remember that caution warning, that was at the time that AC was still very cpu intensive, its been refined alot since then.
    at that time, max cars on track for me was 11, now i dont even consider it.

glad its helping

:D

6. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

If you have some fps problems then the biggest fps killers are smoke, reflections and shadows. Lowering their settings will make the game run better. By lowering them, you may also be able to raise some other settings higher

7. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I Enjoyed last night's race a lot, although it started badly as I had timed my tea terribly - I was serving it up at about the point qualifying should have started so had to rush out down to make it to sebring on time!
    This is also why I was so slow in qualifying, I hadn't worked out how much fuel I needed so went out on race fuel to see what sort of numbers I managed - the session then ended before I could get back to the pits to make adjustments. Or more importantly, to go out again on empty tanks for a proper qualifying run!

The start of the race was fun, as I think Veli and I were side by side for most of the opening lap with a pack of angry cars breathing down our necks.

I passed him 3 times in total as I kept making stupid mistakes whenever I got in front :rolleyes:
    Great clean fun each time though so the only problem was how much this was letting Fabri get away!

Once clear I was able to concentrate more on clean lines and started to gain, it wasn't until the halfway part of the race though that I finally caught my teammate back up and could mount an attack.

Once past and clear of Fabri I concentrated on running as fast and clean as I could in order to see what sort of pace was possible here.
    My highlight for the end of the race was accidentally performing the mother of all drifts through the final corner on the penultimate lap - I probably had the nose of the car no more than a foot from the wall while on heavy opposite lock :cool:

Well done to the podium and finishers, and thanks to the backmarkers for being conscious of us coming by. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1