rFactor 1 Round 5 Silverstone

Discussion in 'Classic Formula 1 1978 LE Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Pre-race testing has identified a possible problem when joining the SRO server with track geometry mismatches. This looks like it possibly happens if you have installed the GPC79 v2.01 car mod after installing the GPC79 Trackpack. This seems to be because the car pack overwrites a few of the track files according to the readme file in the mod.

If this happens to you, I suggest uninstalling the GPC79 Trackpack and re-installing using the SRO download on the race page. This worked for me.

3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Car is a mystery. Just dont get it going but stayed out of trouble and hat put me on podium.

Good race nevertheless.
    Everyone just jettisoned away at start and early stages but guess that let me drive and take it easy.
    Had some fun times trying to get past @Edijs Batars . Was faster on couple corners but
    everywhere else I was bad so we fought out for few laps. Good stuff!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

I just want to apologyse to all the drivers caught in the mess caused by my spin in the exit of the first corner.

I think they were Luis, Ed and Ken, I wasn't even pushing but cold tyres are death on those cars. I know it isn't a excuse because obviously it's the same for everyone, but maybe a formation lap could be a great addition, because first corner incidents are starting to happen as regular basis. Anyway, sorry again to all drivers involved. :(

It was a shame because I don't know how but qualified on P3, and I had high hopes in this race but yeah, shit happens. Drivers couldn't avoid my spun car and send me heavily against the barriers, destroying all the front of the car and losing a wheel. Tried hard to do a complete lap like the better I could, and lose 70s in the pits repairing. :confused:

Unsirprisingly, car was only repaired partially, and the grip I had in practice and Q was lost, so I did the entire race not pushing because it was quite scary in the fast corners. The only good thing for me, like in the previous Scirocco race, is that at least finally I think I understand the car (well, more or less, race starts are still my weak point).

Let's have fun in the last one in Argentina! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  5. Andre Lagunzad

Andre Lagunzad Pro Driver

I got disco'ed on lap 13. A shame as I was fighting for a podium spot in the race, and maybe lost 3rd place in the standings as well. It's five of five for Ricardo, and looks like he can't be caught anymore for the championship. Congrats Ricardo, another race win, a series domination, and just unbelievable speed with these cars.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

It was incredible speed! My GID Hud overlay reported he did a maximum of 424kph?? :eek::confused:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ricardo Almeida

Ricardo Almeida Pro Driver

Andre I know the feeling when something out of your control just happen. It sucks. Thanks for the compliments. Hopefully see you at the next one.

8. Ricardo Almeida

Ricardo Almeida Pro Driver

What 424Kph where did you take that numbers. It's an old F1 not a airplane. I believe I can fly........:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1