Round 5 Spa

Discussion in 'Historic F1 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  2. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

YAY - the 'proper' bus stop chicane, instead of that Mickey Mouse final chicane they have these days. :D

3. Ken Jagger

Well it is an Historic race after all :)

4. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Well, this race is going to be awful xD

5. Ken Jagger

Mac that's a bit of a throw-away comment to make without explaining it further.

6. Maddie Shepherd

The kerbs are about 3 feet high :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Konstantin Bach

Konstantin Bach Pro Driver

One of my favorite tracks and acted so shamefully
    :eek:

8. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I'm so sorry for being such an idiot. My head wasn't in the right place, and I made some really stupid mistakes. I don't enjoy racing any more, and I think I'll either take a long break or quit for good. This isn't just about this race, and the league is great, it's just me falling out with racing.

Well done @Dino Paolini . You deserved that championship, and you won it.

9. Maddie Shepherd

Race was good up until when the brakes completely went spongy.

10. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

You were lapping really fast there today. I don't think i would have gotten you in a normal way since you were so fast in sector 1.
    You should be able to make the brakes work better if you reduce your brake pressure in the setup. You had some lock-ups additionaly to the ones were you had to straighthen the chicane. This car has a very thin brakedisc and the brakes get really difficult if you give it to much pressure over a longer period of time.

@Joshua Penny You should check out some new sims in the future. That should make you come back at some point. Thanks for the racing though, this made the effort more fun for sure :)

In general this was really hard today, felt more difficult then Zandvoort even, because the tarmac felt quite slippery the entire time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

It would be a shame to give up altogether Joshua, especially considering how competitive you normally are. We all go through those periods where nothing seems to go right, so it might be worth taking a break for a while, but please come back once you've cleared your head :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

ooh what a great mod!
    Setup was abit understeery but i just loved pressing tha gas pedal. and i made a piruette at full speed just before busstop and didnt die! \o/

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Maddie Shepherd

Was running with 86% pressure.

14. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Come on Josh. Hang in there man! :) You have scored 25 points in this series and that is something to be proud of. If I go away with a single point in a race I am very happy. These are some of the toughest cars to drive on technical tracks and you have done very well. Don't let a bad day bring you down. You are faster than me at every track but it's just that today was not your day. Looking forward to seeing you at Dijon. :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Very rarely do I have time to race on a Saturday, my other half was away for the week end so thought I would register and have a go. Love the mod, really good.
    Qualified quite well, had a good start off the line but that all went south as I out braked myself at T4 and lost a lot of places. Fought back and closed in on a couple of drivers, then another off, got going again and then binned it at Blauchimont, retired the car. Hopefully Ill be back for the next one.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 1