Assetto Corsa Comp Round 5 Spa

Discussion in 'ACC Tuesday Night Racing Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

3. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

If ok I would like to join in and try to get a bit more ACC done.
    Was some time seens I did any night race , I watch and learn from you guy´s if possible?

4. Rob Milliken

Yes jump in ! plenty of room !

5. Björn Johansson

I might have been too entusiast can´t find the server. Maybe my safety rating is too low just ?
    As I have not drive this Sim so much I´m only on 75 ??

6. Rob Milliken

No ratings on private servers ! you must use the search bar .private servers don't show on the regular list ! just type simracingonline in the top search bar !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Will have to miss the race only just got home.

8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

That was Johnnys win. Great start and pace throughout, still doing 19s after several laps.
    Thought you'd not put race fuel in when you pulled over until I read the chat message.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  9. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

What a race that was ... epic duel with Mark ... most enjoyable Sir :cool:.
    Watched the broadcast after the race ... brilliant :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rob Milliken

Well the start procedure finally claimed its first victim lol .. right as it goes green it throws me a speeding penalty ?:rolleyes: ... i was not trying to get a jump or anything just following the car in front trying to keep it right in the green Like all the other race starts with this system ...i guess i must have tricked it into throwing me a penalty...:rolleyes: lol damm DT at Spa in a sprint race = Race over & i had good mid pack pace as well ..Poop !! Lol i still finished the race as i will never quit As long as the car’s still rolling ! Hah :eek::p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

I hope everything’s ok with Johnny G? To bad , he finally gets it going & has to an emergency bail ..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

great race last night, albeit frustrated at the end when i lost a podium place.
    Had really good pace for the first 10-15mins keeping glued to the back of Ballis Ferrari in a fight for 3rd whilst edging a decent gap over the following pack, which was +8 secs at one point. But then my braking started getting horrible at the bus stop chicane and two laps on the trot i lost a heap of time there over-shooting, which allowed Balli to scamper off and Bill to close me down. I increased my ABS and TC one notch to compensate as the car was becoming a handful. Really strange as it was rock solid in the endurance race the other night here. I did notice my tyres were all showing a strong hint of yellow...is that graining? Guess track temps were higher than the night event, but pressures were all good.
    Anyway, Bills Bentley kept bearing down on me lap after lap, especially in the flat out sections, like a train! and i was really feeling the pressure and struggling to stay ahead. With only a few laps to go he got a great run up the Kemmel straight and i went defensive to cover off the inside for Les Combes, but he pulled a great out-braking manouvre on the outside by letting off the brake after his initial slowing. We went through Les Combes side by side but i had to concede the following corner and knew that was that once his quicker car was in front. I was gutted to lose 3rd but impressed with the move! Bill deserved the spot with good pace. Finished a still decent 4th. :)

Shame the turnout had dropped, whats going on here lately, seems big drop offs in all events on SRO, grids about a third of the previous season :(

• Like Like x 2
  13. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats to winner of the race and to all finishers!
    Sorry about leaving like that. My house is getting stucco put on the walls and some of these guys are just showing up out of the blue to work on the house. I guess it happens. I kind of knew this would happen.

I still had fun. Mission accomplished.
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Björn Johansson

Congrats to podium player ! And to all off you other guys !
    O jesus this was a horrible experience :rolleyes: ;) sorry to all off you for my mistake.:oops:
    It sure has a steep learning curve this one, :cool: so much to learn . Going to be a nr 1 Sim for me .

See you all.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Just watched the fantastic replay on Youtube, great camera work and commentary :cool: really captures the action!

Replay also told me two things, the Astons were struggling with their tyres after 20mins and the Bentley was the car to have at Spa :p

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rob Milliken

Im not sure what nr 1 means ! :D ..But yes ACC has a learning curve . it almost like you have to go slow to be fast ! over driving the car for even short spurts will result in some hard driving ! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1