Assetto Corsa Comp Round 5 Zolder 2020

Discussion in 'SRO Tuesday Night Racing Ginetta G55 GT4 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

untitledz1.png

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  2. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I've just noticed that this one's on my birthday - I somehow doubt I'll be in attendance!
    Sorry again guys :oops:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Err, England match on.

4. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

And for those of us who don't follow football or from England....

5. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Btw, password is not set as the usual

6. Rob Milliken

Ok, I have restarted the server check it now?

7. Rob Milliken

8. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

My new internet provider didnt want me to race tonight.. I was qualified 5th and it was a promising race for me but.. I got disconected twice.. I am so frustrated, i almost broke my keyboard.. Sweet Lord why all those stupid things are happening to me?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Wondered what happend to you , sorry for you mate.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Fuming after that, how the hell could I run out of fuel when I had already put an extra 2L (ie one lap worth) extra ? :mad:
    Drove my bloody socks off to catch up with Simon in 4th after losing time early Laps battling Bozga and Bird for 6th - 8th. Spent last 5 laps in 5th chasing him hard albeit he maintained a 2 sec gap. Exited the last chicane on the last lap and the car ran out of fuel :rolleyes: because this track had an uphill gradient to the line I could only crawl on the starter motor and lost 4 places in 100m :mad: Not happy as I had an 11 sec lead over the next cars back. Finished 9th :(

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to all podium players ! :cool:
    And thank you admins for all the fun.
    Nice to be back with ACC again, :)
    Good come back better than I thought it would be.

Did a ok race, couldn´t match the pace from the first four. I knew that would be impossible if no misstake where to happend, and it didn´t for them.
    But I did one big fault looking to long in the mirror , took me out in the chicane. :rolleyes:
    Lost 3 places, so I try to gain back and could ev go by Flaviu in try to chase down Bird
    I did another at the same XXX chicane,:oops: this time being pressed by Flaviu over break and have to go
    straight through, I did asume that Flaviu would pass when I slow down , but I could see in my mirror
    he had a oversteer going out to the right. Sorry Flaviu was not my intention to fool you :(
    So it was back to chase Bird , but couldn´t get a clean lap . Due to overdrive I am sure.
    Then at the end I saw Mark I thought he was finished, but was out off fuel :(:(:( sorry for you mate.

• Like Like x 3
  13. James Bird

James Bird Pro Driver

Good race guys !

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Flaviu Bozga

Good race all and congratulation to podium. Was a very "hot" race. Literally :p
    Sorry for you @Mark Johnson. When I saw your car, I thought you get some game crash
    @Björn Johansson No problem. I enjoyed while it lasted. Was my mistake. In fact games mistake :cool:. My car was thrown to the right (I didn't deserve that :(). In the end, I was lucky and didn't lost any place :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

good battles early on Flaviu and James, i think you guys must eat your tyres too early in the race as you were both quicker than me in first few laps but then both faded back once i got my tyres upto temp and could push on. I was doing low 38's to catch Simon. Could see he was starting to feel a little pressured towards the end as he was kicking up dust in a few corners! The fuel debacle was a cruel ending to a good race. :(
    Top 3 were untouchable! were you guys doing 36's and 37's? i based my fuel calc on a 30min race at 1:37's , rounded up the calc and added an extra 2L so still mystified why it ran out of benzina. :confused: Losing 4 places really hurt my champ points with only 1 round remaining. :(

• Like Like x 3
  16. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

That was my first race with the VR headset. I think that's as long as I can manage in the headset before getting a bit nausious.

Sorry to people in practice I think I came out of the pits in front of some people and had no clue as there was nothing on the radar and of course no blue flags and i couldnt see my mirror at the time either as the seat position was crap. I do find actually and maybe bizarely the sense of where other cars are is actually worse in VR compared to triple screens, but it may just take some getting used to. Certainly judging distances ahead is WAY easier in VR as is judging where the apexes are, but I actually have to move my head to look in the mirror properly which I don't have to do on triples.

Was very surprised that my pace was good for my first time out in VR, but I found judging turn in and apexes was so much easier in VR due to the depth perception of 3D so I guess that immediately translated to going better. Overall the VR experience is really cool and the added depth perception is really immersive and helpful, but bash me on the head with a kipper because ACC has the most abysmal image quality in VR. It's a complete blur fest, not motion blur, just blur, everything is just blurry.

Got away well at the start and managed to get into 3rd very soon, but then I made a mistake somewhere and back down to 4th where I stayed for the rest of the race. Was a long way ahead of Mark when I lost concentration at the chicane and span it, letting him get close for the last few laps, but I was always in control of that position despite what Mark probably thought as he suddenly caught sight of me. :p

In the end I was finding it hard to focus which was causing me issues, because the VR in ACC is so flipping blurry that I can only look at a blurry image for so long before you feel like you can't see much at all and your eyes just can't focus anymore. Would like to know how to get rid of the blurry image cause it sucks big time compared to any other VR game and if I can't find a solution I will have to go back to triples or switch to the dark side (iRacing). And yes the performance ain't great, but it's acceptable on my rig as I have quite a powerful PC so if I could fix the blurry image then it would be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

your description of VR in ACC is exactly why i went back to triples and bought the beast curved 32's ! Yes the immersion is great and being able to look into the corner is much better but i couldnt hack the shite blurry gfx and also boiled head in the summer with VR, plus i couldnt handle VR for the 80-90min races ontop of practise/qually. Got to say i'm still loving the freedom of the triples and havent gone back to my VR set for 3 months now, which shocked me tbh.
    There are some good tweak guides for improving vr image in ACC on youtube, worth a look. There is a balance to be had between eye candy and better res, cant quite remember the setting names in ACC. I had got mine quite good (but not great), i have a strong i9 pc but an old 1080gfxcard.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Flaviu Bozga

Exactly my feelings. I barely put my VR on to do some recreational races on public servers (AC) or some single player in rF2

• Like Like x 1
  19. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

I use the headset for occasional non-PC stuff, e.g. Beat Saber and what not, so still pretty good for that, just such a shame that my favourite racing game (ACC) is so blurry. Looks good in DIRT Rally 2, but that gives me motion sickness pretty quick (and the driving model is stupid), unlike ACC/AC which take an hour or so before I start feeling a bit groggy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I was the one behind you Simon :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1