Round 6 österreichring 1979 chicane

Discussion in 'Group C Honey Jar Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 16, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The Austrian Grand Prix has been held at two different locations in the Zeltweg area located in Spielberg in southeastern Austria. It was first held at an airfield there for two years, then a permanent race track called the Österreichring was built in 1969 and Formula One first raced there in 1970 and each subsequent race has been held there in three distinct periods as the circuit has been redeveloped and sold.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Can't make this one:( Have fun.

3. John vd Geest

See you next time :)

4. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

About the Server settings for practice ahead of race day, what is the usual SRO set about track grip?
    To me it seems that the practice server is set to Optimum grip, starting at 99%. Is that correct?

5. John vd Geest

Tried a few laps in the Mazda with 90 kilo's weight ballast and ... I'm so gonna get my ass kicked here LOL !! But I'm gonna fight every inch :cool:
    Will be a lot of fun to see where I end up. Dutchies rule !!!

Btw, after a leave of absence, Joseph Wright will be back broadcasting the last 3 races of the series.

AND WE NEED SOME MORE GROUP C DRIVERS TO SUPPORT THIS SERIES !!!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. John vd Geest

Yes, the griplevel is set at 99%. Rob Milliken will take a look at the server to sort out you skin nr. 103 later, he's working a lot lately.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

@John. do you have a porsche setup for me please??
    im finding no joy at this track.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Angelo dos Santos

We have 17 entries atm.
    I hope that at least 12 of those guys show up to race, c´mon...

Ideally everybody, but this is just wishful thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I would try his set from Watkins Glen for the Porsche (http://www.mediafire.com/file/ozcpsbd47vzd5e5/Porsche_962C_short_1%2C42%2C637.ini/file), I changed minor details reagrding wing and gear ratio but even without the car felt good. But ok I had no problem with the default set either, I was just one or two second slower ;)

A question for @Rob Milliken, from yesterday to today I got a new car (number 7 porsche) with 6 kilo ballast? It seems not important to me but also not right? A chance to give me a car without ballast?

10. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

thank you Philipp.
    ill try that setup

11. John vd Geest

Oeps, he will correct that ;)

12. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Your all set .. the car you originally wanted was taken & I tossed you in at the last min last race and did not save the entry list so you were not assigned a car now Your in the #7 with 0 ballast & its saved so it should be correct the rest of the series .. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Hey guys, I'll be all day at Silverstone for the WEC today, I hope to come back home on time with some energy left for tonight's race! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I am at Silverstone tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. John vd Geest

Track cutting;

The racetrack is defined by 2 white lines. You have to keep 2 wheels on the racetrack at all times.
    Going outside the white line with all 4 wheels is considered "track cutting".

If you see anyone doing this consistently, you can file a protest for gaining an unfair advantage.

16. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Very disappointed that I've been rammed out from the race, I've could easily have taken a podium again thanks to the strategy I opted... :(

17. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

sorry to hear that.
    i too had a difficult race
    :(:(:(:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Apart from the last meters of my race, I have no idea why I had to crash in the last corner of the race, fortunately it made no difference. After failing to get to end at Watkins Glen in defiance of fuel saving the motto this time was clear. No fuel saving and pushing to the finish line. Worked well and yeah the fact that the Porsche was the fastest car helped. In the end the gap was big enough to change tyres too. Was probably no neccessary.

Congrats Nathan, I had no chance at all to challenge you. And now after my first podium Rob can finally add a wheight penalty. Unfortunately I cannot drive in Kyalami and probably in Okoyama either. But I hope for the best and see you at least there. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Angelo dos Santos

Hi Davide.
    Really sorry you feel this way, as I was the driver fighting you when your accident happened. And I can say for sure that I didnt rammed you out.
    We were side by side, with me even ahead, and there was side contact between our cars, very minor, nothing that justifies the way you car was sent to the armco.
    I left plenty of space and definetly didnt pushed you out.

Anyway, Im sorry. I enjoyed our battle and was really fun put pressure on that Sauber, the speed on the straights of that thing is unbelievable. Was a good battle.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

1st lap mess cost me podium.. would like to have a reaplay since dont have it.
    Other than that had a strong drive and too bad had to lift off, cause of fuel, at the end because the podium was still so close.