Round 6 Autodrom Most

Discussion in 'F2 1978 Championship S1 Closed' started by Scott Ring, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Really fun with Ed right on my tail with a tight train behind him until about 8 min to go, my car developed a push and a couple got past. Logan gave a slight bump and I was really surprised that broke my rear suspension:eek:.
    Oh well, I had fun and it got me out of the way of some championship fights ;)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

I don´t agree with you Scott, a race with Ed right behind is not fun it is hard work ;)

I had a tough (maybe bad) race, I was nowhere near my practice/quali pace and I made several unnecessary mistakes. Therefore I had soon a train behind me (Paulo, Scott and Ed).
    Finally I was able to finish on the podium but I sweated because of Ed´s pressure and he nearly got a run on the straight. But my driving error costed him momentum, therefore I´m sorry.

PS I made a video of my race, it includes the described situations.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Good video, thanks Philipp :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

That race was a blast. Had some great racing with several drivers and ended with my best finish of the series. Nice video Phillip. It looks like we were all having a lot of fun out there. Congratulations to Juan for the win, to Ken for winning the series, and thanks to Ken and SRO for hosting!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It was a good race with a very good entry in terms of numbers and quality of driving :)
    For some reason I was off the pace and didn't get fully happy with my setup, so I could only hold out for a top 10 finish to take the series win. I don't mind admitting that I held the series lead due to the lower entry numbers we saw in the early races, if it had been like last night, then it would have been a different story altogether!
    Here's hoping we continue these big entries with our future mid-week rF1, and other sim, series.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 4