Round 6 Black Cat County - Fri Mar 26, 2021

Discussion in 'Best Fantasy Tracks Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 16, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO default nw 05.jpg

WELCOME TO BLACK CAT COUNTY

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

3. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Is the server down? Not been able to find it yesterday or today

4. John vd Geest

I restarted the server. It is up now.

5. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

It's been a lot of fun and the F50 has delivered close wheel-to-wheel fighting all along. A good distribution of winners for different races and always competitive driving.
    Well done all! I'm obviously particularly happy having won a couple of races, the last one and the champ which will allow me to choose the mod for the next series... Ferrari 250 GTO!

The race was hectic yesterday as expected. Managed a surprising pole and didn't fail at the start but had @Filip Stoyanovich soon enough breathing on my neck. His charge was ruthless (in the best of senses) and it was closing every gap, everywhere in the track. Eventually, we touched and almost spun on the final Ss. @John vd Geest make the most of the opportunity and went ahead.
    That was tricky, if he won and I had to retire for whatever reason, he would have won the champ!! I had to get on the charge and overtake. Filip made a few mistakes and got out of the fight although doing the fastest lap of the race when everything worked for him...
    It was difficult to overtake on this track with the very similar level with John... But he made a mistake and I went through. I was managing a little gap in some parts of the track. That was giving me confidence but then I made my own mistake. John went ahead... By then, I had already won the champ with Filip's retirement but winning the race was in reach... I needed to react promptly and chased John like mad on that lap eventually overtaking at the beginning of the next. That was the moment of the race for me...
    Impressive pace by @Csaba Lako who caught us quite quickly after the incident when @Tom Fowler clipped unintentionally Filip and created :p a bit of a bottleneck on the first chicane... That worked well for John and me.
    Thanks to John for setting this up. Sorry not many more drivers could join. It would have been spectacular with a bigger grid. I think the F50 deserves a proper series sometime in the near future... Perhaps after the 250 GTO?
    Video as customary:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

Congrats on the win and the championship Jos!
    It was another good one with these cars. Thanks to everyone who participated in these races.

I just missed several more laps of practice prior to qualifying and the race. Made a good start but I was either too careful or making mistakes in those early laps while chasing Jos. So eventually I bumped into him while he was leading us at the final slow tight hairpins, kind of misjudging his exit point. Lost a couple of positions there so later made a good braking move around Tom for turns 1 and 2. But then I was too tight for the chicane and had to slow down more which probably surprised Tom like it did me on Jos, so it ended up in me quick spinning. Found some more speed when on my own around here, and was ready for a long chase for the leading pack again. But unfortunately I had a couple of distractions over here which resulted in more mistakes and basically prevented me to continue. So I decided to park it and watch the final race instead between Jos and John. Which turned out quite exciting hahha

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  7. John vd Geest

Yeah, I was eager to take the final round, but I didn't have enough over-speed to overtake Jos back :)

Big thanks to everyone who took part in this series and to Filip for putting in his time to make the car better!
    Although not with a big grid, it was one of the best series I've done in terms of excitement.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I'm sorry @John vd Geest, I had told to Jos I couldn't make this last round neither for various reasons, and planned to say it here and unregister though I eventually forgot to. It popped in my mind only this morning.

9. John vd Geest

No worries, it's all good :)

10. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Congrats on the win Jos. This was my first league that i've taken part in and i've learnt a lot racing... I was miles off the back in the first race to being competitive towards the end including a race win. Thanks all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

It's been great racing with you, Tom. We all look forward to having you in the grid in future races.
    All the best,
    Jos

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1