rFactor 2 Round 6 Brands Hatch GP - Sat Mar 27, 2021

Discussion in 'Palatov D4 Season 01 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 1, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO default 02.jpg

[​IMG]

Welcome to Brands Hatch GP

Brands Hatch Circuit is a motor racing circuit in West Kingsdown, Kent, England, United Kingdom. Originally used as a grasstrack motorcycle circuit on farmland, it hosted 12 runnings of the British Grand Prix between 1964 and 1986 and currently hosts many British and International racing events. The venue is owned and operated by Jonathan Palmer's MotorSport Vision organisation.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

3. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Thanks for organizing the series. See you guys at future series hopefully :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Indeed. Thanks @John vd Geest for a very interesting series with the Palatov.
    Today's race was awkward. With John not racing, I knew Dino wouldn't be a challenge for the champ. The focus was on @Kostas Kantzouras. Shame I ran out of fuel on qualy as I might have kept 2nd but Kostas' troubles at the start gave me exactly what I needed... Being in front of him. Ending the race like that would give me the champ... :)
    Once @Dino Paolini put flight mode and knowing I wasn't going to win the race, my only focus was to end in front of Kostas :cool:. He was pushing and sadly ;) lost the car and a wheel in the process. I knew from that moment I had the champ in hand. It was fantastic for Kostas to keep in the race and not give up altogether. I would have kept pace and would have fought with @Ricardo Ferreira for position but I couldn't risk crashing as Kostas was still running... Result was to move into slow motion mode. (1:23s) and getting the car safely home.
    Considering the many races I'm running nowadays, the cruising was welcomed.
    You were all racing like mad... I knew this would deliver some free gains and Ricardo's DNF eventually happened.

Anyway, it has been great racing with you all in this series and I look forward to the next one.
    All the best,
    Jos

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kostas Kantzouras

Kostas Kantzouras Pro Driver

Great series this was. Thanks John!

Well, I thought I was faster than Jos and was following him very closely, was going for an aggressive line to attempt an overtake, but touched the grass a little bit and went off. I lost a front wheel there. Then I got stuck in that gravel, it took like forever to get out of there. Then I had to go repair the damage. Then pushed hard, but I had to make another pit stop for 3 more liters, because when I pitted for repairs I also put fuel in, but this tank is only 20 lt, so it wasn't enough to finish. I was confident to get at least P2 in this race, but that was some bad luck again... again finished the championship only a few points from the 1st. Maybe it's my destiny, LOL.
    Too bad Ricardo had a power failure while he was doing a great race, if that didn't happen, maybe I would still have some chance. Bad luck x2 for us.

But, we got the team's cup again and that was the primary goal, to get all 1st places with the team! And we did, all 3: F1 1979, Indy and Palatov. Next up, the new Indy series!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

Nice race. I was getting the pace.. and power failure.
    Bad weather here in Madeira Island.

Anyway.. another teams cup !! :D Wd @Kostas Kantzouras

• Like Like x 2