Assetto Corsa Round 6 Donington Park GP

Discussion in 'Bad Voices GT3 Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. craig wensley

craig wensley Pro Driver

is this for practice ken

3. Ken Jagger

Yes it is. Once we put a server up it is normally running until the race day.

4. Ken Jagger

Congratulations to Alex Bonner, Kai Syvertsen & Roberto Balli on their podium positions in this Championship and to Super Mod Motorsport for their Teams Championship. Thank you to everyone who participated in the series and we look forward to you joining us in the rFactor 2 Formula V8 World Series starting on Saturday 27th July at the same time of day. :)

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/128

• Like Like x 2
  5. James Bird

James Bird Pro Driver

Well done podium and everyone else! Great racing all season, thanks guys. :D.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

It seems that the McLaren MP412c would probably the perfect car to slow down the fast guys. I assume they would still winning but it would be more challenging ;)
    Anyway the car is fun to drive, not that way off in quali trim but although I had a good start Barrett´s McLaren 650 Power and Ken´s Mercedes flew by at the straights. Ed´s BMW would have as well but as I had to take more risks in the corners I made an error. The 0/4 wing made it very difficult to find the limit. As all three passed me I thought at least I had a little fight. But I was able to stay with the three, Ken made later a few errors which brought him back behind me. In the end of the race it seemed much harder for him to catch up and on the other side I closed the gap to Ed. With the final laps I was right behind him, but the same problem as in the beginning. In the corners I gained ground but as soon he hit the gas I was not able to stay close. But good job from him and Barrett, you first have to avoid mistakes and bring it over the finish line.

Next time I should probably choose another car.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Yet another pack bought from Steam yesterday!
    New cars for me in this game. Had very fun race and frustrating too.
    Had the pace to go faster but couldnt get past Pablo. Everytime he had little something, it was in the spot that
    I just couldt go past him or it would have been way too risky for both of us.
    Once we touch going into chicane. I would have made the turn but was too brave going in there.
    Then was some laggy accident at the very end that was weird and no ones fault but internets.
    Basically spent whole race right on @Pablo Finotti tail. Well driven and defended buddy!

gz podium.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

It was my first race on these cars, I enjoyed it, and I always liked Donington too.
    It wasn't a stellar drive, but it was consistent, given how cold the track was.
    I'm probably the driver who takes best care of the tyres, but when the track is cold, I can't find a way to generate heat... I was struggling a bit on braking and corner entries, where the rear was sliding a bit too much.

Anyway... had a good battle with @Toni Talvitie since minute 1... he was ~0.3 secs faster than me, especially on last sector, but this track doesn't offer much room for overtaking.
    BTW, sorry for that... it's the kind of thing completely out of my control.

Good fun, good race

• Like Like x 3
  9. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

That's been my problem all season. I'm over heating the softs and can't get the mediums up to temperature. I've tried every possible trick I know but had to just make the best of it.

Really enjoyed this one. Kai's disconnect a few races back killed the fight at the end :( Big shout to my wingman James who's pace has become a threat :mad: Our 1st Team win on SRO :D

Big thanks to SRO for hosting another great championship and thanks to all the drivers, it was a pleasure sharing a track with you guys. The awareness of the field hit a new high. The Ginetta series felt like I was dodging mines every time I come up behind someone compared to this championship.

Hope to catch you all soon and well done to you all.

• Like Like x 1