Round 6 Eastern Creek

Discussion in 'Super V8 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. Ken Jagger

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

I loved all this championship, the cars, the tracks, the drivers... well done everyone! :cool:

I knew this track from rFactor so it wasn't hard to achieve a good race speed. In the first half of the race I was in a superb battle with Ken and Bill. Then after the pits I continued the battle with Bill, eventually touching in the first corner. For me, it was a racing incident, but maybe not for him. I don't know. o_O
    After that I raced alone till the end, so a podium is a fantastic finish for me.

Thank you all guys! :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Ken Jagger

This version of the track is a big improvement on the rf version so was much more enjoyable to drive, especially without the big, bumpy sand-trap before the final turn :)
    I often qualify better than I race and so it was this time. I thought I had got the measure of Bill in the early laps, but he was obviously waiting to apply the pressure as we move towards half distance. Ramon also tagged along with him and when they pitted before me I again thought I might have an outside chance of at least getting out in front of Ramon when I stopped shortly later. No such luck!
    When I saw Csaba in the pits and Bill spinning just ahead of me, I thought maybe they had been in contact with each other (?) but once again bill caught and passed me for 4th and while trying to keep some kind of pressure on him, I had a slide going through T1 on the penultimate lap, which left me nursing bent steering for the final 1.5 laps. Csaba closed but I was lucky to get to the flag just ahead and retain 5th place.

Grats to Philipp on his win after he seemed to disappear into the distance :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Congrats Ramon, your fastest lap caught me by surprise, ruined my grand slam :D
    Ok technically Csaba was in the lead for some meters because my start was no great but other than in Bathurst the inside line was an advantage. So I could keep the lead and had moderate pressure from behind. Until the end of my first stint because @Csaba Lako closed in and I overslept his undercut. So I was in danger but Csabas undercut did not work. Apart from that he then soon dropped back. And after watching the live timing I would suspect he forgot to take new tyres.
    Any way unbelivable how much bad luck he had in this series, I feel for you. You definitely had the pace to fight for the win.

Then Jens (Congrats to the title, well deserved) was in charge to close the gap but I was able to manage and later increase the gap. So it was only up to make no major mistake. (Pace was not bad by doing that)

Oh this was my first race for my new team, maybe I should step down before @Pasha Paterson notices that this is a rare exeption.
    Thanks Ken, I´m as surprised as you that I could do that ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Thanx Ken & SRO for hosting, these are one (if not, the one) of my favorite cars in AMS.

Grats Ramon for fastest lap, taking it by a few hundreds, making me not the best at anything this race :D:D Well done!
    Great qualy and race pace Philipp, I did not really got everything to my liking on this track even if 2nd was an good result.

The few first laps was rather intense and close to Csaba (apparently, both cars are green at the rear..:confused:)
    but after a while it evened out and I did manage to keep but not close the gap to 2nd.

Did not have any new tyres left for the 2nd stop, but at 94% they where almost as new. Had a few laps during 2nd
    stint where I could close the gap (after Csaba had some issue, tyres?) but then I could not keep or close the gap.

Also great result by my teammate Bill during this series, despite this car not really being one of his favorites :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

The first race that i finished in this series. :rolleyes: I very like these cars but it is very difficult to race so hard opponents as you.
    Yes, my pit was not so what i imagined. I did not get new tyres and i just watched that you were faster than me. I did not understand but then noticed the red tyres on the HUD plus
    i got 80 liter fuel for 15 minutes! :D
    Thank you guys for races thanks Ken for hosting!
    See you soon on the track! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1