rFactor 2 Round 6 Knockhill

Discussion in 'BTCC Winter Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Riccardo Alitta

Riccardo Alitta Pro Driver

So sorry but I give up this series. I found the mod a bit odd. Last race it gave me the same penalty also after I went to the pits to Stop&GO 10 sec, got penalty for a cut, i went off a bend cross the grass and pebbles loosing lots of time and give a cut penalty.
    Sorry for giving up on this
    Thanks
    Rick

3. Ken Jagger

The mod doesn't give the penalties Ricardo, it's rF2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Riccardo Alitta

Sorry. I Did not explain correctly

I cut through rough loosing a lot of time.
    Plus got the penalty for cutting. Absurd but this happen with rF2.
    Had 5 laps to take the penalty.
    Went in staied 10 sec paid the penalty as soon as I went out of the pit it shows penalty stop&go 4 laps.
    So, it did not count the resent penalty I paid
    I did not get another one, because if so I would have 5 laps.
    I think a bug could be present in the mod.
    I don’t think rF2 has to blame here

5. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

You did 2 cuts incurring 2 x stop/go penalties before you server the first penalty, hence why you still had a penalty outstanding after serving the first penalty.

6. Andrew Williams

Could be a track issue however, as it shows you got 2x penalties for the same incident time

John Lock got 6 penalties for the same race time incident.

7. Riccardo Alitta

Can you see on the files I had two penalties ?
    Well. On my screen said only one.
    Because if I had two I would understand.

8. Andrew Williams

9. Riccardo Alitta

I see the penalties
    I would like to compare to the replay and see the cuts
    For instance John had six, all in one lap? Every little cut you do it gives you 10 sec penalty? If another car push you out, you loose time and get penalty for cutting? I see other drivers have lots of penalties for cutting
    It should be a warning of three cuts, on the third get the 10 sec stop&go I think.
    Sorry. I do not feel comfortable or fun to do this series.
    Thanks for everything I do not think any body is at fault, this is the way this game runs

10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

without looking at the details, once you get a penalty for cutting in rf2, you will get another penalty after each cut.

the cut counter is not reset as in ams or the ac plp app.

11. Riccardo Alitta

Ah! Thanks Ross

Not knowing this.
    I race in src on rF2 and the sistema there is 2 cuts warnings on the third is penalty
    Then is reset.

12. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

riccardo, that is strange as i have understand from the 397 forum that it's fixed and can not be changed, not even on server side.

@Ken Jagger, can you confirm the cut settings?

13. Riccardo Alitta

You are totally right!!
    Is like this now.
    When you do a driver swap the count penalty comes to zero.
    I have not done any cut lately so I could not known
    Sorry for the mess.

Case closed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ken Jagger

Track cut limits are defined within the track files which we never change/modify for SRO events.

15. Ken Jagger

The Mandatory tyre tuning option for this race is Soft & Medium

I've also added the Ford Focus to the server config, so if you have already been on the server, you will probably need to delete your existing "SRO BTCC R6 mod" file from the rF2 Launcher Content window. It will then reload the new file when you join the server again.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  16. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

I will try the ford focus for this round..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

A "perfect" end (engine in flames) for a cr_p day :(
    As someday a wise man say:
    "If you had a shitty day — you had a shitty day"

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

One meme says:
    upload_2019-2-7_22-11-22.png
    (your car obvious did.. :eek:)

A bit more serious, hope there be better next races Flaviu :)

I like this track, even if I think the AC version is a bit better visually/up to date.

Qualy went unexpected well with Pole, little surprised as I was late from work and
    had to jump right into the rig and qualy when I got home with almost no preparation.
    (I had of course practice before the event, but not at race day)

Race lasted a lap or two until braked a little to late/light into T1 and went wide and made a small visit into the barrier.
    Got some minor damage but could continue, but from last position. Did the same mistake during warm up,
    wish I had a bit more laps before the session started.

With soft/pit strategy I had a bit advantage over some of the fellow racers, did in the end manage P4.
    Looking at the total time, even without my first mistake much better than P3 would have been difficult.

Big grats to Andrew, Michal and Bill to end on the podium, and to all who entered, regardless of checkers flag or not :)

Simresults can be found here: https://simresults.net/190207-Gd1

• Like Like x 3
  19. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

Hard luck Flaviu, at least a burning engine will keep you warm in February in Scotland :p.
    Qualifying was awful, knowing how important grid position is at this track I was overdriving and ruining my laps.
    When the red lights went out I was able to grab a place and then settled down to chase Ken. He was able to fend me off for many laps until a slight mistake allowed me through. Knockhill is a track where I always struggle and, true to form, I made a mess of that horrible blind chicane and had a spin. Fortunately I had enough of a gap that I did not lose a place. A few laps later I had another "off" and Sean quickly accepted the position. I then had several laps chasing Sean until he ran slightly wide at the final corner and I was able to take the place back. Finishing in P3 was a big bonus for me considering that I would not have been surprised at a dnf here .... wooohooo :)
    Congrats to Andrew and Michal ... how you go full race distance in front wheel drive cars without changing tyres amazes me :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  20. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Thank you guys, but it was also the lack of track time :(.
    I really can't find time to be in front of the wheel in last few weeks. I hope soon this will solve.
    I always liked this little track (just hate few of his corners {all of them}) :p
    Congratulation Andrew, Michal and Bill for podium, and to all for finishing :)
    See you guys on track!!

• Like Like x 3