rFactor 2 Round 6 Laguna Seca - Sat Apr 2, 2022

Discussion in 'S397 NASCAR XFINITY ROAD SERIES Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 22, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-11-22_11-17-56.jpeg

All events have a rolling start / formationlap.
    Before the last corner we all double file in start grid order.
    When the pole-sitter crosses the start line, the race has started for all.

Make sure you select the "Road Course" settings in Car Customization.

Showcasing the track

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

So how's the grid looking for this last round? Is everyone going to show up? If so, I will do the broadcast:)

3. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Some family members are coming over but I'll have them wait outside until I finish this race. I'm kidding. There's a bench outside. They can sit there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. John vd Geest

I'll be there. You won't race, so that leaves 6 people. Probably a few no-shows. I wouldn't bother with a broadcast.

5. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Have fun peeps. I thought I was able to make it but I guess not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Hoping for a race.

7. John vd Geest

8. Oussama Knani

Oussama Knani Pro Driver

i was driving then everyone dissapeared and i was alone on track then it says diconnected :/ idk why is that

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

saw you going wide on lefthander so connection lost i guess. Btw where you about to hit me at start on T1 or just very close? Got scared so went outside and gave room :D

Quali ok

Race took it easy and settled into pace. Had no interest of starting to battle it out at the early stages. For me race starts after pits.
    No troubles for me during race, couple times little wide but that was that.

@John vd Geest thx for finding these cars for us. Great find!

Many races were driven on all sorts of tracks and G.E.A.R. won!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Oussama Knani

Oussama Knani Pro Driver

you mean on lap 1? i had good momentum so i stick to inside to make the overtake i was pretty close and i knew where u brake in T1 so i knew when to bail if u sticked to the inside, you went on outside so i took the lead was very close but fair i think, also shame we were pushing each other for 8 laps till the connection decided it was enough

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Fun race while it lasted for me :D.. these cars are a blast! Thanks, John, for setting this up! Maybe we can try again later in the year with these & see if we get more signed up!
    The back of the pack had some opportunities as we all made a mess of things :p .. I was improving on my pace until I hit the curb & lost it into the wall This brain fade resulted in losing a front wheel = race over :rolleyes: ..
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.04.02 - 14.02.00.50.jpg Grats to the podium!
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.04.02 - 13.58.28.12.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. John vd Geest

Had a tankslapper in the corkscrew and it took me a long time to get out of the gravel. It is what it is.

Thank you all for supporting this series. The cars are indeed a blast to drive, but I think the members don't know it.

Grats to Toni Talvitie on winning the championship and team GEAR on winning the team championship!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I am not sure if anyone saw the little plaque on the wall at the top of the corkscrew. It reads “Congratulations to Michael LaBelle who has hit this wall every time he has raced here”. Quite nice, I think, to be recognized. :eek:
    After a 182 seconds to repair the mess I had a blast. Thanks even if I hate these cars they are fun to drive after I got in the groove and stopped hiting that damn wall. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. John vd Geest

LOL :p Well done, Michael !!

15. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I'm sorry I couldn't participate in more races with these great cars @John vd Geest. Hopefully next time it'll be possible. All the best to All and congrats to the winners!
    Jos

• Like Like x 1