Round 6 Longford 67

Discussion in 'F1 Classic 1967 Series - S2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 18, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Longford 1967

The Longford Circuit was a temporary motor racing course laid out on public roads at Longford, 23 kilometres (14 mi) south-west of Launceston in Tasmania, Australia. It was located on the northern edges of the town and its 7 km lap passed under a railway line viaduct, crossed the South Esk River via the wooden Kings Bridge, turned hard right at the doorstep of the Longford Hotel, passed over the railway line using a level crossing and traversed the South Esk again via another wooden structure, the Long Bridge.

The real thing

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

Just did a few laps off line. Boy ... this is going to be something LOL!!!

3. John vd Geest

You should try the bonus car Mclaren M2B 1966. Might be the best car of the whole pack. Great sound and physics.

4. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

:eek: Cooper at 2.05 too :eek: Something is really wrong in my driving or setup?

5. John vd Geest

In practise you can take absurd risks. I bet they crashed more then a few times :D

6. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

So did I and still are WAY slower :( And I don´t even understand where I´m losing that 1,3s since only real difference on lap comparision is that I am faster on straight :eek:

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  7. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Big chunck of problem was me being terrible at setting up car. Got some tips from Fabrizio and big help from Henri and melted big chunk from my pace immediately. Big thanks to you guys <3

8. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Wow that Honda is fast :eek: I helped Jukka with the setup and got it pretty good, but then I change to Honda and drove that with a almost default setup and immediately got 2 seconds better lap time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

It's friday already ! Haven't run a single lap yet :confused:

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  10. John vd Geest

I'm just baffled by laptimes of 2.05 or even 2.08. !!
    I'm in the Eagle, one of the fastes cars on the grid on topspeed, and I can barrely do a 2.09 on full fuel.
    Henri, I would also like a setup that makes me 2 seconds faster :D

11. Henri Miettinen

Just change to Honda and put correct tire pressures and higher gears, and bang two seconds off :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

That 2:07 I did was on almost full race fuel with a massively compromised setup - my personal view is that even with the ballast the Eagle is quickest here once the setup is sorted.
    Aside from being fast in a straight line I couldn't get over how easy it is to change direction under braking - the zone down to the bridge is lethal in the Honda, but the Eagle just lets me change line at will!
    It's only real negative is just how twitchy it is under power and at speed - that's one of the main things I needed to fix when I tried it.
    Also the rev counter is the wrong way up - that's very awkward in VR when I want redline to be 'up'

• Like Like x 1
  13. John vd Geest

I can't change to Honda and what are the correct tire pressures? :D. I'll just wing it ...

14. John vd Geest

Well, it's a mystery to me why I'm 5 seconds off on a straight line track in the Eagle ...

15. Henri Miettinen

I meant optimal tire pressure :p

16. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

We will be live on YouTube as usual!

17. John vd Geest

euh ... how about some VALUES :p

I suspect Henri means higher tire pressures to reduce rolling resistance ... Only thing I can think of.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

I think I saw 2.06.1 from you with 34,5% fuel load earlier. That´s scaring fast on start of the race :eek: I hope you didn´t mean 2,05 was with full load :O

EDIT: Just realized you were talking about your time with Eagle

19. Henri Miettinen

I don't remember which pressures, but it can be seen from the tire app, when psi value is green.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steen Toudal

Steen Toudal Pro Driver

A last minute family thing has come up, so I have to skip this race. Sorry about that.

• Informative Informative x 1