Assetto Corsa Round 6 Magioni

Discussion in 'SRO Mazda MX-5 EuroCup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 9, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'll be away for this first race of the series, so if an SRO Admin is not in the race, please make sure to advance to Qualifying on time.

Have Fun! :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Drivers we will be using the DEFAULT Magioni for this final round ! disregard the 32 car slot update !!
    Default Magioni only has 18 spots so please un-register if you don't plan to race !

We have a issue with the Magioni_32 update , besides not being able to get it working on our servers the pit stops don't work either ..

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Sorry I'm out this evening. All enjoy the final round....

4. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

Gosh darn. Realised I hadn't started Crew Chief as we headed to the race session, tabbed out to do so and Content Manager exploded. Couldn't rejoin. A great way to end the season! Hope you all are having a great race.

5. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

awww man

6. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

What the hell was happening with the warping Damien!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

sry for the late response .. default PW today guys due to lack of intelligence on my part .:oops::eek::(:)

8. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Thank you for telling us after the race Rob :rolleyes: Does this mean it can be re scheduled and we can run it again :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Your Welcome :rolleyes:
    I have more news ..:eek:
    I did not see a Q file in the results ? .. very strange ... does anyone have the replay or can help us with Q positions we can get them posted ..

baffeled ...o_O

10. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Weird...
    I can check the starting grid later this evening if you like.
    I started on pole and had a decent start. With Bart not participating (stuck in traffic) it meant I was champion already. The race was a lonely one and I had difficulties staying focused. Had a serious slide near the end of the race and several misshifts made my gearbox turn bright yellow. Luckily it didn't prevent me winning the race but if Bart would have been present, I never would have won I think.
    Thnx for another great season of the mazda's, certainly Estoril was an epic one! Won't be doing much racing in the next coming months. I also don't know how much racing in AC I ll be doing. If ACC turns out nicely I'll probably go with that one.
    One thing's for sure, I'll be back... :cool:

Cheers,
    Tim

• Like Like x 2
  11. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

I qualified 2nd got an OK start watched Tim the terminators :cool: car get smaller and smaller around 12 or 13 laps caught Damian passed him on back straight then spun on my own, got passed by Phil but soon got back passed when he spun (or got spun):rolleyes: in traffic , Phil kept me honest to the finish .:cool:
    Was looking forward to a battle with Martin who looked good round here shame to pinch his place like that but I am sure there will be more battles to come.;)

awesome season started bad but found more pace as season went on well

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

A ddwheel does work wonders, right? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

yes it does :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

I qualified somewhere between 1st and last position. Now that Tim and Simon have clarified that they qualified 1st and 2nd we can rule those two positions out of the equation. ;)
    I think Phil Brown qualified 3rd, me 4th and Stephen McIver 5th but I honestly couldn't swear to this so it would be better to wait for the replay or the official info from Tim.
    Had a good start and managed to pip Phil into the first corner so was up to third but Phil was relentless in his pursuit and I eventually succumbed to the pressure and had a slight oversteer moment which meant he got passed me. I couldn't do anything to pressure him the same as he pressured me so was happy to finish 4th with a few dramas on the way.
    I must say that it is frustrating to race on a server where a competitor is warping so bad that you don't know where he is going to reappear in front of you when he disappears of the screen. Damien are you using I wired connection or 3G because it is not fair on other racers to have to guess what is happening. I think, although I didn't witness it fully that Ed Jones was taken out for this reason, I am sure Ed can clarify. My first quali laps were hindered by this too but luckily managed to put a decent time in at the end.

Would like to take this opportunity to thank my fellow racers who have driven throughout the series, not the ones who appeared for single events, and who were clean racers. We have made more friends on this server during this championship and also grown our friendship more with the existing ones. It has been fun, frustrating at times, but overall fun and I certainly look forward to being completely uncompetitive in the Porsche series!!
    A special thanks to my team mate, future team mates and friends for the conversations both serious and errr lets say not so serious on discord.
    A final thanks to the admin team for running this championship
    See you in the next series guys:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

Yes, he was warping so bad it was impossible to race with him. He must have taken me out at least 5 times while I attempted to pass. Then he started blocking and using his brakes on the straights. I got so frustrated with his tactics that I even hit him intentionally, which I can honestly say I've never done before. Finally I just left the race, since it was obvious that he had no intention of racing me cleanly. I've raced over 300 races at SRO and have never had these issues with any other driver. I won't race with him again in any series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

I see you got the quali result up already Rob.
    small detail: My pole lap was a 1.21.222 instead of a 1.22.222.
    Wouldn't have been on pole otherwise ;)